Hi! Nice to meet you.
I’m Anetta, pronounced like “uh-net-uh.”
I’m a food enthusiast, travel junkie, photographer, and blogger. Among other things.
Welcome to The Wanderlust Kitchen! I’m so glad you’re here.
I started The Wanderlust Kitchen back in 2013 to share my recipes and inspire others to get in the kitchen. I’m here to help you try new things and add a little international flavor into your daily life.
I love to cook easy and delicious meals inspired by places all around the world. Most of my recipe inspiration comes from our experiences abroad!
Meat has been off the menu here since early 2016, but there are still plenty of carnivorous recipes in the archives.
Fun facts about me
- I live on six acres outside of Portland, Oregon, but I’m only home when I run out of time or money to travel.
- I brew my own beer!
- Most recent trips: Jordan, Egypt, Portugal, Italy, Spain, UK, France, China, Colombia, Kenya, Greece, Turkey, Mexico, Brazil, and Thailand.
- I love to read young-adult fantasy novels. I also re-read the Harry Potter series at least once per year.
- I openly wept at the release of the latest Star Wars film.
- I’m divorced. It’s what all the cool kids are doing.
- The cleanest my kitchen has ever been was the day all these photos was taken.
- I have four tattoos, three of which may or may not be Egyptian hieroglyphics that probably don’t mean what I think they mean.
- My two cats, Kito and Tisa, are the stars of my snapchat account as well as my life.
- I’ll be 30 in a few months and I’m only freaking out like 85%.
- I studied philosophy and psychology as an undergrad. Using that shit DAILY. Except not.
- I have a master’s degree in Business Management. I actually do use that shit, though.
- I practice yoga and meditation.
- I’m currently on an open-ended backpacking trip through the Near East and Eastern Europe.
You should check out these popular recipes:
Q. Why did you start this blog?
A. Mostly because my friends were sick of me posting cell phone pictures of my dinner on Facebook.
Q. When did you start blogging?
A. June of 2013. The day after I finished my MBA!
Q. Where do you come up with these recipes?
A. Most of the time I’m inspired by dishes I’ve had while traveling, or in restaurants here in Portland. We have a great foodie scene in town, so there’s always plenty to keep me inspired. Sometimes I adapt recipes from other sources; when I do, I always credit the original source in the recipe.
Q. Can I share your recipe or photo on my site?
A. Thank you so much for asking! I really appreciate that you want to spread the word around. I ask that you do not post full recipe instructions on other sites, but you are welcome to share my photographs with a link back to my page.
Q. Where did you learn to photograph food?
A. Uh, the internet. Mostly from studying other food bloggers and reading this awesome e-book from Pinch of Yum. I also love Plate to Pixel by Helene Dujardin – it’s super comprehensive and definitely a must-read for anyone interested in food photography.
Q. What kind of camera and lens do you shoot with?
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
(Photos of me courtesy of Lori Darnell Photography!)