You guys, I’m totally having one of those days where I just don’t have the motivation to write. I think I feel like I need to be SUPER excited and chipper about sharing my recipes, but that is just not going to happen today.
I’ve been under the weather all week and I’ve had a hard time even looking at pictures of food, let alone felt the desire to cook a bunch of stuff and talk about how awesome it is.
Days like today, I almost miss my office job where I could just sit at my desk and suffer through it, or call in sick when I had something contagious.
Alright, enough of me wah-wah-wahing about my bad week – you’re probably here for the food, right?
This recipe is actually perfect for days when you’re low on energy and motivation.
Just throw some corn and mushrooms on a baking sheet, toss with a bit of spices and olive oil, and pop it in the oven.
While the veggies are roasting, fry some corn tortillas in oil to get them nice and crisp.
Load them up with mushrooms and corn, then top with tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro. Oh, and a squeeze of lime juice, obviously.
Easy, tasty, and mostly guilt-free.
Well, what are you waiting for?
Here’s the Roasted Corn and Mushroom Tostadas Recipe!
- 10 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, quartered
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the mushrooms and corn on a large rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle the salt, cumin and garlic powder over the top, then use a wooden spoon to toss the vegetables and coat with oil. Arrange the vegetables in a single layer on the pan (as best you can). Roast for 15 minutes, stirring once half-way through.
- Meanwhile, pour about 2 inches of vegetable oil into a large pot and place over medium heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add the tortillas one at a time and fry until golden brown and crispy, about 1 1/2 minutes. Use tongs to carefully transfer the fried tortillas to a paper-towel lined baking sheet.
- Assemble the tostadas by placing two fried tortillas on a plate, topping with a quarter of the mushroom-corn mixture, and topping with tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, and lime juice. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 482Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 22gCholesterol 0mgSodium 217mgCarbohydrates 60gFiber 14gSugar 8gProtein 10g
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.