I sure hope you aren’t sick of pumpkin recipes yet this fall… because these are amazing.
I love, love, love brown butter and can’t help but throw it into pretty much any baking recipe that already calls for melted butter.
I mean, if you’re going to melt the butter anyway, why not let it go an extra few minutes and make it into brown butter? The flavors become so wonderfully complex and the butter gives off a nutty aroma. Incredible.
I made these bars to take over to my beautiful, amazing, talented friend Laura for her daughter’s first birthday party. She promptly texted me the next morning to let me know that there were no leftovers in sight.
I scarfed down a few of these for breakfast that morning before I left for work, and I must say they are mighty tasty with a tall glass of iced coffee.
The texture of these bars is so soft and creamy you’d swear it’s like eating pumpkin pie. The white chocolate really just sets off the rich spices in the pumpkin filling.
Good luck eating just one!
Here’s the Recipe!
- 2 sticks (1 c.) butter
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 c. packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. bourbon
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 2 c. white chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with foil or parchment paper, leaving an overhang.
- Cook the butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until it foams, turns clear, and then turns a deep brown, about 5 or 6 minutes. Pour browned butter into a glass measuring cup with a handle to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and salt.
- In another medium bowl whisk together the cooled brown butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, and pumpkin.
- Add the butter mixture to the flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Fold in the white chocolate chunks. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Set the pan on a wire rack to cool completely before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 179Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 11mgSodium 70mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 1gSugar 19gProtein 3g
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.
Last Updated on