On a stick!
Just when I thought I was really ready for Fall, I got a serious craving for some grilled meat on a stick and had to fire up the BBQ.
And then I had to have a sauce to dunk the meat in, so peanut butter seemed like a solid place to start.
This pork is so incredibly tender it will just melt in your mouth. The peanut dipping sauce just adds to the creamy decadence and sets off the citrus marinade on the pork.
I was lucky to even have a few kebabs leftover to photograph because the husband was eyeing them greedily after scarfing down everything on his plate.
This dinner comes together in a total snap, as long as you remember to marinate the meat either the night before, or in the morning before you head off to work (which is what I did).
Ready for the deliciousness? Give it a go!
For the Satay:
- 1/2 c. orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. grapeseed or vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
For the Dipping Sauce:
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- 3/4 c. coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Whisk together the orange juice, lime juice, oregano, oil, cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the pork and marinate in the fridge overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- An hour or so prior to serving, soak 8-10 wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the peanut sauce. Whisk together the peanut butter, coconut milk, soy sauce, honey ginger, and garlic. Chill in the fridge.
- Heat a grill over medium-high heat. Thread the pork pieces onto the soaked wooden skewers. Grill 5-7 minutes per side, until well-browned. Serve with the peanut sauce.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 569Total Fat 40gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 22gCholesterol 83mgSodium 590mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 2gSugar 9gProtein 38g
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.
Last Updated on