This Tuscan Chicken Skillet recipe is so easy to put together but tastes like it took all day. The cannellini beans turn this skillet dish into a one-pan meal by adding extra protein and bulk!
Don’t you just love one-pan meals?
Just the sheer joy of only having one pan to wash overwhelms me. In our house, dishes are the enemy. No matter how many dishes we wash, there always seem to be more. Sometimes I wonder if they are secretly multiplying behind my back.
It probably doesn’t help that I have a compulsive shopping problem when it comes to anything kitchen related.
I just love when something delicious is also healthy, don’t you? If you want a vegetarian version of this recipe, then check out my Tuscan White Bean Skillet recipe.
Here’s the low-down on how you make this Tuscan skillet chicken:
Start by browning your chicken on both sides until it’s nice and caramelized.
Remove the chicken from your pan, then add your mushrooms in batches so you can brown them all in a single layer. Once browned on both sides, spoon them out of the pan and set them aside.
Sauté some onions, garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes, then add in the canned fire-roasted tomatoes, beans, and fragrant spices.
Add the chicken back in, cover the pan, and let simmer until the chicken is cooked through.
Return the mushrooms to the pan and garnish with fresh parsley.
Dinner is served!
Dish it up and enjoy! You deserve it, really. You’ve been washing a lot of dishes lately.
This dish is an easy one to eat while watching television.
This one skillet Tuscan chicken recipe fit so perfectly in the “Everyday Pan” which came with my new dish set. I’m not sure what about it makes it as an “Everyday Pan”, but I’ll admit that I do use this pan ALL the time. I love that it has two handles! Plus, it’s super easy to clean which makes it even better in my book.
Pin this and Share with Your Friends!
Here’s the Tuscan Chicken Recipe!
- 1 pound chicken breast tenderloins
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 c. sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Cannelini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley for garnish
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large sauté pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, then add the chicken and brown for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken and set aside on a plate. Add the remaining tablespoon olive oil to the pan. Add the sliced mushrooms in a single layer and brown, working in batches, a few minutes per side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the garlic, and sundried tomatoes. Sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in the oregano, thyme, beans, diced tomatoes, and sugar.
- Transfer the chicken back to the pan and spoon some of the sauce and vegetables over top of the chicken. Cook, covered, on the stove top until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is bubbling, about ten minutes. Return the mushrooms to the pan. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Serve hot, garnished with parsley.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 394|Total Fat: 12g|Saturated Fat: 2g|Trans Fat: 0g|Unsaturated Fat: 8g|Cholesterol: 96mg|Sodium: 757mg|Carbohydrates: 30g|Fiber: 7g|Sugar: 11g|Protein: 44g|
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.
February 26, 2014 | Last Updated on October 25, 2020 by Linda