These easy Barbacoa Beef Bowls are a perfect way to use up leftovers and avoid the restaurant lines by making this fresh and tasty meal at home!
One thing you should know about me is that when I saw I’m going to do something, I do it.
Most of the time.
For example, when I posted my recipe for Crockpot Barbacoa Beef, I said that I would share my recipe for Barbacoa Beef Bowls with you in just a few days.
Well, here we are, a few days later, and here is my awesome Beef Barbacoa Bowl recipe!
If you are wondering, What to serve with barbacoa beef? Serve it over rice with whatever fresh veggies you like. You can’t go wrong with corn, black beans, green onions, tomatoes, avocados and some cilantro!
Save some time with this great 3-in-1 Avocado peeler, slicer and pitter tool.
You can even skip the rice and serve it over your favorite salad greens to make a delicious beef barbacoa salad!
Aren’t these Barbacoa Beef Bowls just a thing of beauty? I don’t know why, but I love when my food is like a rainbow of colors and awesomeness. Wow, that might be the best simile I’ve ever written.
I COULD have just haphazardly tossed all of these ingredients together into a bowl and went to town on it, but it is much more fun to carefully arrange each element in a perfect circle of joy and contentment.
Then you get to use your fork to destroy all of the perfection, mash it all up together, and shovel it into your mouth.
Oh, HECK yes.
Here’s the Recipe!
- 4 cups cooked white rice, warmed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups Barbacoa Beef, warmed
- 2 cups halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 large avocado, pitted and diced
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- In a large bowl, toss together the warm rice and fresh lime juice. Divide evenly among four serving bowls.
- Into each bowl, place 1/2 cup beef, 1/2 cup tomatoes, 1/4 of the beans, 1/4 cup corn, 1/8 cup green onion, and 1/4 of the avocado.
- Garnish each bowl with a tablespoon of chopped cilantro leaves.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 579|Total Fat: 13g|Saturated Fat: 3g|Trans Fat: 0g|Unsaturated Fat: 9g|Cholesterol: 53mg|Sodium: 134mg|Carbohydrates: 88g|Fiber: 14g|Sugar: 12g|Protein: 32g|
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
October 10, 2014 | Last Updated on August 16, 2021 by Linda