This Carrot Bundt Cake is a delightful and moist dessert made with grated carrots, crunchy pecans, warm spices, and a sweet frosting on top!
Cakes simply make the best centerpieces whether it is a holiday, birthday, or getting together for dinner! If you are a fan of cake like I am then you have to also try my French Apple Cake, Mayan Chocolate Glazed Bundt Cake, and Apricot Coffee Cake!
I love Carrot Cakes! This Carrot Bundt Cake is moist and dense, thanks to the grated carrots and pecans that are folded into the batter. When you take a bite of this carrot Bundt cake, you’ll experience a bright combination of flavors.
The cake itself has a mild sweetness, with the natural sweetness of the carrots shining through. Then you also have the warm spices like cinnamon and nutmeg create a cozy and comforting taste that complements the carrots perfectly.
Assemble your ingredients. For exact amounts see the recipe card below.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
How to Make Carrot Bundt Cake
Step #1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then butter and flour a Bundt cake pan and set aside.
Step #2: In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
Step #3: In a bowl of a stand mixer or in a medium bowl using a hand mixer, mix together the sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla until combined.
Step #4: Add the flour mixture into the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix until fully combined.
Step #5: Next, add in the shredded carrots and pecans and mix until everything has combined.
Step 6: Pour the cake batter into your prepared Bundt pan and bake for 60-70 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Step #7: Wait until the cake cools before removing it from the pan.
Step #8: While the cake is baking, prepare the cream cheese frosting.
Step #9: In a bowl with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer, beat together the cream cheese, milk, and powdered sugar until smooth.
Step #10: Then using a piping bag, frost the top of your Bundt cake, sprinkle some chopped pecans or other nuts on top, serve and enjoy!
Yes, you can substitute the vegetable oil with an equal amount of melted butter or a neutral-flavored oil like canola or sunflower oil. Keep in mind that the choice of fat may slightly alter the flavor and texture of the cake.
While it’s preferable to grate fresh carrots for the best texture and flavor, you can use store-bought shredded carrots as a convenient alternative. However, make sure they are well-drained and not overly wet to avoid excess moisture in the cake.
Of course! My preference is to leave them out of this particular recipe, but you can definitely fold some into the batter along with the carrots and pecans to add another texture and burst of sweetness to your cake.
To store this cake in your fridge you can wrap it in plastic wrap and place inside an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to 1 week! This will ensure that the cake is just as moist and dense as it was when it first came out of the oven.
If you are wanting to freeze this Bundt cake you absolutely can. I would recommend freezing it without the frosting on top. Wrap the room temperature cake in plastic wrap and then place in an airtight container in your freezer for up to 2 months!
Other dessert recipes you will love:
- Banoffee Pie
- Cannoli Dip Recipe
- Rosemary and Olive Oil Ice Cream
- Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Hot Buttered Rum Bread Pudding
- Homemade Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches
If you tried this Carrot Bundt Cake Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it goes in 📝 comments below.
Carrot Bundt Cake Recipe
For the Cake
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped pecans
For the Frosting
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp whole milk
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans - optional garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then butter and flour a Bundt cake pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer or in a medium bowl using a hand mixer, mix together the sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Next, add in the shredded carrots and pecans and mix until everything has combined.
- Pour the batter into your prepared Bundt cake pan and bake for 60-70 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool before removing it from the pan.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the frosting.
- In a bowl with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer, beat together the cream cheese, milk, and confectioner’s sugar until smooth.
- Then using a piping bag, frost the top of your Bundt cake, sprinkle some chopped pecans on top, serve and enjoy!