This easy no-bake pot de creme recipe utilizes a blender to achieve the perfect texture. Topped with German Chocolate Cake frosting, these treats are entirely irresistible!
Whoaaaa, stop right there!
I know your instinct is to run away screaming because this recipe sounds very fancy and very complex.
Here’s the thing: these little pots de creme are actually neither of those things, but when you make them for your friends, they will think YOU are super fancy and complex.
Or maybe they won’t. I mean, I’m not here to give advice on how to make your friends think you are fancy. In fact, maybe you should find some friends who know you better.
Oooh, I am in a SNAPPY mood today.
Okay, in all seriousness, the point of that whole ramble was to convince you that you CAN make these.
Don’t believe me? What if I told you that there was a blender involved? Orrrr if I told you that these don’t need to be baked in a water bath? <— seriously, this is a pot de creme game changer.
When I’m craving pot de creme, I usually end up just making a chocolate version of my panna cotta recipe because I’m lazy and water baths exhaust me.
Now I can make these just as easily as I can make panna cotta, PLUS I can use egg yolks (which I always have) instead of gelatin (which I never have).
Now, if the ease-factor isn’t enough to sell you on this recipe, then the German Chocolate-factor has to be.
Who can resist German Chocolate Cake frosting?! No one I know, that’s for sure. Plus, this is infinitely easier than making an entire cake, so you’re officially out of excuses not to start whipping up a batch right this second.
Pin on Pinterest and Share with Your Friends:
Here’s the Easy German Chocolate Pot de Creme Recipe!
For the Pot de Creme
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- Pinch of salt
- 4 ounces semi sweet chocolate, chopped
For the Frosting
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- Whisk the milk, cream, vanilla, sugar, egg yolks, and salt together in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook 5-6 minutes until the mixture is thick enough to coat a spatula.
- Place the chocolate in the bowl of a counter top blender. Pour the egg mixture over the top of the chocolate. Securely attach the blender lid before pureeing the mixture to a smooth, velvety consistency.
- Divide the liquid into four small ramekins or dishes. Cover and refrigerate until set; about 2 hours.
To Make the Frosting
- Combine the evaporated milk, brown sugar, egg yolk, butter, and vanilla in a saucepan over low heat. Stir until thick, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the pecans and coconut. Cool to room temperature. Spoon the frosting on to the tops of the chilled pot de creme. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
This recipe makes four servings - however, I consolidated the pot de creme into two servings for the pictures 🙂
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 683|Total Fat: 49g|Saturated Fat: 26g|Trans Fat: 1g|Unsaturated Fat: 20g|Cholesterol: 312mg|Sodium: 164mg|Carbohydrates: 55g|Fiber: 3g|Sugar: 49g|Protein: 12g|
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.
March 18, 2015 | Last Updated on February 8, 2021 by Linda