These Deep Fried Olives are perfectly crisp and you only need 4 ingredients! They are a delectable appetizer for any holiday meal or party that you can whip up in less than 15 minutes!
Crispy, savory, and delicious is the only way to describe these deep fried olives. If you haven’t fried olives before you simply must!
I am all about recipes with minimal ingredients, and this one is one of the EASIEST to make and only has FOUR INGREDIENTS. It’s hard to have a recipe with few ingredients taste good but this recipe and my Curried Carrot Fries are two that achieve this!
If you did take a look at the recipe card already you will see that there are a few more ingredients than four. This is because, I pair this dish with a side of garlic aioli sauce that I love so much I even use it on top of my Patatas Bravas.
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe
- There’s only 4 ingredients and if you’re a fan of olives, it’s likely they’re all in your kitchen right now!
- It takes less than 15 minutes to make this crisp and delicious snack!
- Perfect for any occasion, especially group gatherings!
Olives: My FAVORITE for this recipe are these Garlic Stuffed Olives but any olive that you want to deep fry is the perfect choice.
Breadcrumbs: I prefer the Italian Breadcrumbs for this recipe to give it a little extra flavor on the outside. However, plain breadcrumbs or panko breadcrumbs work just as well!
Egg Wash: If you are a Vegan or have an egg-free diet, you can use a Vegan egg substitute or olive oil.
Yes! Experiment with any olives you want! Just be mindful when frying them sometimes the stuffing can come out. Or if you are using a cheese stuffed olive it could get sticky in the frying pan after the cheese warms up.
Olives are done when they have reached a beautiful golden brown coloring. It will only take less than a minute so be sure to keep an eye on them.
- Be sure that you pat your olives completely dry before breading. This will allow the egg wash and breadcrumbs to adhere better.
- Watch the heat! If you fry too many at a time it could change the temperature of the oil. You want to ensure each batch you fry cooks at the same temperature.
- If you want extra coating on your olives simply run them through the breading process twice; egg wash, breadcrumbs and repeat!
How to Make Deep Fried Olives
Assemble your ingredients. For exact amounts see the recipe card below.
Step #1: Make the garlic aioli dipping sauce by mixing all the ingredients together and then chill the sauce in the refrigerator before serving.
Step #2: Pour enough olive oil into a saucepan to reach a depth of 2 inches. Heat over medium-high until the oil reaches 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step #3: Place the egg in a small bowl and beat with a fork or whisk. Add the olives and coat well.
Step #4: Pour the bread crumbs into a shallow dish. Transfer the egg-soaked olives to the plate and evenly coat in bread crumbs.
Step #5: Fry the olives in the pre-heated oil in three batches until golden brown, about 45 seconds. Drain on a paper towel. Serve warm.
Storage and Reheating
You can store these olives in an airtight container in your fridge for 1-2 days.
To reheat the olives it is best to do so in an oven or an air fryer. Set the temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 5-10 minutes until they have warmed through.
More Recipes for Olive Lovers:
Deep Fried Olives Recipe
For the Deep Fried Olives
- Olive oil for frying
- 1 10 ounce jar Garlic Stuffed Olives, drained
- 1 egg - beaten
- 3/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
For the Garlic Aioli Sauce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 heaping tbsp minced garlic
- salt & pepper - to taste
- Make the garlic aioli dipping sauce by mixing all the ingredients together and then chill the sauce in the refrigerator before serving.
- Pour enough olive oil into a saucepan to reach a depth of 2 inches. Heat over medium-high until the oil reaches 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the egg in a small bowl and beat with a fork or whisk. Add the olives and coat well.
- Pour the bread crumbs into a shallow dish. Transfer the egg-soaked olives to the plate and evenly coat in bread crumbs.
- Fry the olives in the pre-heated oil in three batches until golden brown, about 45 seconds. Drain on a paper towel. Serve warm.