Deep fried olives are the perfect appetizer for holiday meals and parties – whip up a batch with just 4 ingredients and 15 minutes!
Deep fried GARLIC STUFFED olives, that is.
Guys, I’m a bit of an olive junkie. In many ways, they are the perfect snack: portable, bite-sized, flavorful, and guilt-free.
For Thanksgiving this year my mom and I decided to put together an olive and cheese plate as an appetizer. Most years we put out a vegetable platter and focus more on the dinner itself, but over the years I’ve realized that my favorite part of our Thanksgiving get-together is the part before the dinner.
We all stand around, drink in hand, and catch up on all the latest gossip. Everyone snacks on whatever is on the counter, so this year we are making the counter snacks count!
Guilt-free food has no place on my Thanksgiving table!
I wanted to try out the recipe and work out any kinks before the big day, so I fried up a whole batch today and now I’m trying to keep my keyboard clean while I’m eating them.
These are best served warm, so prep them ahead of time and fry them up as your guests arrive. Make sure you have extra jars of olives on hand, because these will disappear quick!
Here’s Your Recipe!
The Wanderlust Kitchen
Deep fried olives are the perfect appetizer for holiday meals and parties - whip up a batch with just 4 ingredients and 15 minutes!
10 minPrep Time
2 minCook Time
12 minTotal Time
- Olive oil for frying
- 1 (10 ounce) jar Mezzetta Garlic Stuffed Olives , drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crubs
- Pour enough olive oil into a saucepan to reach a depth of 2 inches. Heat over medium-high until the oil reaches 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the egg in a small bowl and beat with a fork or whisk. Add the olives and coat well.
- Pour the bread crumbs into a shallow dish. Transfer the egg-soaked olives to the plate and evenly coat in bread crumbs.
- Fry the olives in the pre-heated oil in three batches until golden brown, about 45 seconds. Drain on a paper towel. Serve warm.