Fragrant mint, crunchy peanuts, and fresh-squeezed lime juice bring bold flavor to this Vietnamese Chicken and Cabbage Salad!
This past weekend was heaven here!
For whatever reason, we were blessed with four straight days of glorious warm weather and sunshine smack dab in the middle of April.
I did everything I could to make the most of it, including getting a nice tan and making this delicious Vietnamese Cabbage Chicken Salad, of course.
I adore simple meals which take basic ingredients and transform them into balanced perfection.
In this Vietnamese chicken salad recipe, the humble poached chicken, cabbage, carrots and scallions are transformed by a punch of tart lime juice, salty fish sauce, crunchy peanuts, and aromatic mint.
I could easily eat an entire platter of this stuff by myself.
And maybe I already did.
Make this salad on a sunny day and eat it outside. You’ll be feeling really good about life!
Pin it and Share with your Friends!
Here’s the Recipe!
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken breasts*
- 2 1/2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped mint leaves
- Toss the chicken, cabbage, scallions, and carrots together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, and vinegar until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Pour the dressing over the top of the salad and toss well to coat.
- Fold in the peanuts and mint. Serve at room temperature or slightly chilled.
* I like to poach mine in chicken broth in the slow cooker! Just place a chicken breast in the crock of your slow cooker and add enough chicken broth to cover the meat. Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or until cooked through.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 206Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 51mgSodium 809mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 3gSugar 8gProtein 21g
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.
April 22, 2015 | Last Updated on September 2, 2020 by Linda