This creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe comes together in under 30 minutes. Make it tonight for an easy and satisfying meal!
I know I’m not supposed to pick favorites with my recipes, but, I have to say this creamy enchilada soup recipe is definitely in my Top 10.
You’re going to love it, too. Trust me.
First of all, this white chicken enchilada soup recipe is part of the 30 Minute Monday series, so you know it’s going to be on the dinner table in no time.
Secondly, it’s incredibly easy to make and doesn’t call for a bunch of weird ingredients.
Third, you can customize the soup depending on what you happen to have in your pantry.
You can use canned beans and corn or go for the fresh stuff if you have the time. If you don’t want to use chicken, try swapping it out for some savory mushrooms.
Throw in some sauteed bell peppers, swap the corn for hominy, use pinto beans instead of black; the world is your oyster, baby.
Finally, the reason you’re REALLY going to love this recipe is because it’s completely amazingly delicious. I know that description isn’t particularly, uh, descriptive, but again you’re just going to have to trust me.
It has all the flavor of enchiladas without any of that hard work.
It also has a magic ingredient: Greek Cream Cheese. Whhaaattt?? Greek Cream Cheese is basically a cream cheese made from Greek yogurt (funny how that works, huh?) so it has half the fat the twice the protein of regular cream cheese.
You can’t tell the difference in taste, either! I always find mine right next to the cream cheese, but if you can’t find it you can substitute with whatever cream cheese you normally buy.
I made a whole pot of this and ate ALL OF IT myself. I had it for lunch and dinner for 3 days in a row. And I’m not even sorry.
OH! I just thought of another reason you’ll love it. It’s a one-pot meal, so clean up is a total breeze.
You all know how important that is to me. I do more dishes in one day than some people do in a week, so I’m always on the look out for easy-clean-up meals.
Alright, I know you’re ready to get going on this easy chicken enchilada soup recipe, so let me fill you in on the details.
Here’s the Recipe!
- 5 small corn tortillas, cut into strips
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 8 ounces Greek cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup enchilada sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 14 ounce can low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14 ounce can sweet corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 1 10 ounce can diced tomatoes with chilies (such as Rotel brand)
- Sliced avocado and cilantro leaves for serving (optional)
- Heat 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil in a 3-quart or larger Dutch oven or other heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Add the tortilla strips and fry until crispy, about 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil to the pot and turn the heat to medium-high. Add the chicken pieces and diced onion; cook 7-10 minutes until chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, puree the cream cheese, enchilada sauce, cumin, and cayenne pepper in a small food processor (or beat using a hand mixer).
- Add the broth to the chicken pot, followed by the cream cheese mixture. Stir in the beans, corn, and diced tomatoes. Simmer over medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes, until warmed through.
- Serve topped with tortilla strips, cilantro, and avocado.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 418Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 77mgSodium 444mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 9gSugar 7gProtein 28g
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.
You'll Also Love:
Last Updated on