Okay, so casseroles aren’t usually my thing… but Nachos, cheese, and beef totally are. Nachos + Beef + Cheese all together in this Beef Nacho Casserole? Um, heck yes.
So I did something really crazy in this nacho casserole recipe and it involves these guys:
Yep, tortilla chips. And look, no lard! I was kind of disappointed when I read that. You guys know I love lard.
So you know how when you make a graham cracker crust you just combine fine graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and bake it for a little bit to set up? Well, I figured that there is no reason why I shouldn’t be able to do this with tortilla chips… so I went ahead and did it. It is a tortilla chip casserole ground beef nacho cheese fiesta!
The rest of the ingredients should seem pretty familiar, if you’ve ever had beef nachos. And I really hope you’ve had nachos, because if you haven’t then you aren’t really living.
Just look at all that gooey & bubbly goodness in this nachos casserole:
And help yourself to a bite.
The husband and I ate ALL of this in, like, two days. And I’m pretty darn proud of that.
- 1 (12 oz) bag tortilla chips
- 1/2 c. butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
- 1 jar (16 ounces) medium-hot salsa
- 1 can (2.2 ounces) sliced black olives, drained (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 large green onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1/4 c. chopped cilantro
- Heat oven to 375 degrees . Place tortilla chips in a blender and pulse into fine crumbs. Pour in the melted butter and continue to pulse until well combined. Press into the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking dish. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat oil In large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, red peppers, green peppers, ground beef and garlic salt; cook, stirring to break up clumps of beef, until the peppers are soft and beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain off any excess fat from skillet.
- Pour the jar of salsa into a large bowl. Fold the cooked meat mixture, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup of pepperjack cheese, and olives into the salsa. Scrape entire mixture into the prepared crust. Sprinkle the remaining cheeses over the top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Sprinkle green onions and cilantro evenly over the top.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 605 Total Fat 48g Saturated Fat 25g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 19g Cholesterol 163mg Sodium 741mg Carbohydrates 7g Fiber 1g Sugar 3g Protein 36g
I don’t care if you call this Beefy Nacho Casserole, Beef Nacho Bake, Ground Beef Nacho Casserole, Easy Nacho Casserole, Mexican Nacho Casserole recipe, I am sure you will love it, no matter what you call it!