This Broiled Grapefruit with Toasted Coconut and Mint recipe makes a light breakfast with an amazing combination of flavor.
Just a quick and dirty little recipe today – broiled grapefruit with toasted coconut and mint.
In Thailand I remember having a cool salad in the afternoon made with grapefruit, mint, and coconut. I made this easy little breakfast the other day with the same flavor profiles and thought it was delicious!
I simply turned on the broiler, segmented a grapefruit, then placed the grapefruit halves and coconut flakes under the broiler until toasted. Keep an eye on your coconut, it toasts up fast!
I sliced up some fresh mint to go on top and had myself a nice little breakfast.
What quick go-to breakfasts do you make? Have you ever tried salt on your grapefruit?
Here’s the Recipe!
Broiled Grapefruit with Toasted Coconut and Mint Recipe
- One grapefruit cut in half - through the middle of the grapefruit
- One Tablespoon of Mint leaves cut into strips
- Two Tablespoons of coconut flakes
- Put your oven on broil.
- So that the grapefruit sits flat, cut ¼ inch off of the bottom of each grapefruit half.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Put the grapefruit halves onto the baking sheet and broil for about 5 minutes or until done to your liking.
- Spread the coconut flakes out into one layer in a small oven dish. Place them into the oven for 1-2 minutes until they are toasted to your liking. You will need to watch them as they toast quickly.
- When the grapefruit and coconut are done, remove them from the oven.
- Put each grapefruit half onto a plate and then sprinkle on the toasted coconut and mint.