This delectable Indian Vegetable Korma recipe is loaded with potatoes, tomatoes, carrots, peas, and green beans. Make sure you have plenty of naan to dip in the creamy coconut sauce!
I hope you guys love Indian food as much as I do, because this Creamy Indian Vegetable Korma is recipe #3 out of 6 (count ’em, SIX!) Indian recipes that I’m sharing — all in a row!
Perhaps November makes you think of classic comfort foods like mashed potatoes, stew, and meatloaf.
I mean, it’s also a ton of other dishes from all over the world, but when the weather gets icky I just crave warm, spiced Indian food.
Which is why this veg korma recipe is my new bff.
A few years back I shared my recipe for Indian Chicken Korma, and it’s still one of the most popular recipes on the blog.
I loved that recipe, but since I haven’t eaten meat in almost a year, I knew that I needed a meatless version for emergency veggie korma cravings.
I can honestly say that this homemade vegetarian korma is every bit as tasty as the one served at my favorite Indian buffet restaurant here in town. It is also one of the most popular Indian vegetarian recipes on this website!
My favorite part is that I can easily make a double or triple batch of this recipe, then freeze the leftovers in zipper-close bags or freezer safe mason jars.
I’m also a huge fan of the frozen rice and naan sold by Trader Joe’s.
As long as I have a stocked freezer I’m only minutes away from Indian food nirvana.
I know the recipe looks a little intimidating, but most of the long list of ingredients are just spices.
If you are running low on any of your spices, I recommend snagging them on Amazon for just a few bucks per jar.
Here’s what you will need:
- Garam Masala
- Curry Powder
- Ground Turmeric Root
- Ground Coriander
- Quality Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Cardamom
To make the korma, all you have to do is puree some stuff in a blender, add it to a pan with some oil and spices, then mix in lots of veggies, coconut milk, and yogurt before letting it simmer all together. It’s done as soon as the potatoes are cooked through.
Trust me, as soon as you make this it will become a regular on your weekly meal plans!
I’d love for you to keep in touch! You can enter your email address at the bottom of the page to get new recipes sent to you once per week.
Here’s the Vegetable Korma Recipe!
For the Sauce
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and halved
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 (1-inch) piece ginger root, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed and seeded
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
For the Korma
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup canned, unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 medium waxy potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot mix
- 1 cup chopped fresh green beans
- Place the onion, garlic, ginger, jalapeno, and cashews in the bowl of a blender along with 1/2 cup of water. Process until pureed.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large saute pan set over medium heat. While the oil heats, measure out all of the spices (the curry powder through cardamom) and place in a small bowl.
- Pour the pureed sauce mixture into the hot pan, using caution to avoid splatters. Stir in the pre-measured spices and allow to cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the tomato, coconut milk, yogurt, brown sugar, potato, peas-and-carrots, and green beans. Stir well, cover the pan, and allow to simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and cook a further 5 to 10 minutes, until the potatoes are tender. Serve with cooked basmati rice and naan bread.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 335Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 3mgSodium 349mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 6gSugar 11gProtein 10g
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.