I adore this recipe. I mean, what’s not to love, right? It cooks while you go about your business all day. It requires no pre-searing or marinating. Oh, and it’s Thai food, so obviously it’s awesome.
This one was a HUGE hit with the husband. You should have seen how excited he was when I brought home ramen noodles from the store. “I haven’t had those since before we starting dating!” (This pleased me, greatly).
I took a picture of the noodles to prove that they really are just your college-variety ramen noodle. See?
Ramen noodles are perfect for soaking up all of the creamy curry goodness. As a bonus, they make a great slurping sound as you eat them.
I used chuck roast for this recipe because I think it’s absolutely the best, but you could try using a beef shank to save a little money. If you can swing it, definitely try this with the chuck because it is tender and heavenly after ten hours in the cooker.
If you made the Homemade Red Curry Paste recipe I posted earlier this week, this would be a wonderful way to use some of it up!
I used my handy new Crockpot that I’m still just oh-so-excited about. It’s just pretty. I love
In my recipe, it calls for “ground fresh chili paste” – this is a totally optional ingredient, but I like the little “kick” it adds at the end. You can find it on the Asian foods aisle and it looks like this:
If you can’t find it or you don’t want to use it, you could add a little dash of red pepper flakes or just leave it out entirely. It’s up to you!
It will be delicious either way.
Here’s the Recipe!
- 3 lbs. boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 3 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp. palm or brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. red, panang, or massaman curry paste
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground turmeric
- 2 c. water
- 1 (14 oz) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp. ground fresh chili paste (optional)
- 3 packages instant ramen noodles
- Cilantro, Scallions, and Lime wedges for serving
- Combine the beef cubes, fish sauce, sugar, curry paste, curry powder, turmeric, and water in a large crockpot. Cook on low for 10 hours.
- After 10 hours, stir in the coconut milk and ground fresh chili paste.
- Prepare the ramen noodles according to package instructions (stove top or microwave).
- Serve the beef curry over a bed of ramen noodles with fresh cilantro, scallions, and lime wedges for squeezing.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 802Total Fat 44gSaturated Fat 19gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 22gCholesterol 191mgSodium 2182mgCarbohydrates 41gFiber 3gSugar 10gProtein 63g
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.