Yum, yum, yum. Steak, steak, steak.
That about sums this up! Remember how I told you that the Sweet & Spicy Thai Relish could go with anything? Well, here’s a wonderful example for you. This is a pretty basic steak recipe, but it’s marinated in savory fish sauce and sweet lime juice for a quick 45 minutes (yahoo, no overnight marinating!) which makes it incredibly tender and delectable. Topping it with the charred tomatoes and peppers in the Thai Relish just really sends it over the moon.
I served mine with what I call “skinny peanut ‘noodles'” – it’s basically a bag of broccoli slaw stir-fried with peanut butter, fish sauce, soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar, then topped with cilantro and a few chopped peanuts. So easy, light, and delicious.
Here’s the Crying Tiger Steak Recipe!
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. palm or brown sugar
- Juice of one lime
- 1 lb. boneless beef steak, such as rib eye, strip, or flank steak
- Whisk together the marinade ingredients in a medium bowl. Add the steak and set aside for 30-45 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, set your grill to high heat (or use your oven at 450 degrees). Once hot, grill 4-5 minutes per side, or until it is caramelized, brown, and done to your liking. If preparing in the oven, cook in a lightly greased roasting rack over a drip pan.
- Let rest for 5 minutes, then carve against the grain into thick strips. Serve with Sweet & Spicy Thai Relish.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 425 Total Fat 27g Saturated Fat 11g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 12g Cholesterol 143mg Sodium 876mg Carbohydrates 2g Fiber 0g Sugar 1g Protein 42g
Recipe Adapted from Nancie McDermott’s Quick & Easy Thai