This Garlic Ginger Chicken recipe with Sesame Noodles is quick, easy, and hits the spot every time!
Whenever I travel for more than a few days, I’m always super excited to get home and make myself a home-cooked meal. Eating meal after meal in restaurants takes its toll on you, physically, mentally, and financially! Towards the end of a trip, I feel tired of being limited to restaurant menus and wondering if I’m going to like what I ordered.
When I cook at home, I can make anything I want! I know that I’m going to like it, and it’s so much more cost effective than eating out.
I love to re-create my favorite dishes and food cravings at home, which is how this Garlic Ginger Chicken with Sesame Noodles came into my life.
You’ll love this simple combination of bright ginger chicken and fried yakisoba noodles!
Here’s the Recipe!
For the Chicken
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon pressed garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey
For the Noodles
- 3 cups sliced brown mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 6-8 scallions, white and light green parts sliced in 1" pieces, dark green parts chopped
- 2 (5.6 ounce) yakisoba noodle packages, seasoning packets discarded*
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Place the chicken breasts in a zipper-close bag. Whisk the ginger, soy sauce, grape seed oil, garlic, and honey together in a small bowl. Pour over the chicken and seal the bag, pressing out excess air as you go. Marinate the chicken for 5-10 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, transfer the chicken from the bag, reserving the marinade, and cook for 3 minutes on one side. Turn the chicken, turn the heat down to low, and pour in the reserved marinade along with 1/2 cup of water. Cover the pan and let cook for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, turn off the heat and let the chicken set for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a wok or other large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and allow to cook for 2-4 minutes. Add the sesame oil, white and light-green scallion pieces, and yakisoba noodles, tossing well to mix. Add 2 tablespoons water, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, and 1 tablespoon brown sugar to the pan. Toss well and allow to cook until the noodles are slightly browned and warmed through, about 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a cutting board. Slice against the grain into strips. Divide the noodles into two bowls, then place one sliced chicken breast on top of each one. Garnish with dark green scallion pieces and sesame seeds if desired.
*The kind I buy comes in a bag containing three 5.6 ounce packages - check the produce section!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 729|Total Fat: 33g|Saturated Fat: 4g|Trans Fat: 0g|Unsaturated Fat: 26g|Cholesterol: 102mg|Sodium: 1969mg|Carbohydrates: 59g|Fiber: 10g|Sugar: 22g|Protein: 54g|
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.
September 21, 2015 | Last Updated on December 12, 2020 by Linda