This Green Curry sauce recipe gets its color and distinct flavor from fresh green chilies, lime and lemongrass.
You can use this Green Curry sauce on many different dishes, this Thai Green Curry with Eggplant is one that I use it on.
Green Curry Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or ghee
- 2 tablespoons Frontier Organic Curry Powder
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 2 shallots
- 3-5 fresh green chilies
- 1 stalk stalk fresh lemon grass
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 cups coconut milk
- Heat oil or ghee in a medium-sized pan.
- Sauté the mashed garlic, ginger, lemongrass, diced shallot or green onion, and green chilies in oil or ghee until the mixture is tender.
- Sprinkle in the curry powder, lime juice and zest.
- Stir in the coconut milk
- Puree with an immersion blender or in a food processor until the sauce is smooth.