Immerse yourself in this delicious Caramel Apple Martini recipe that has all the flavors of fall packed into a bright green cocktail!
Fall is here, and that means it’s time for some delightful Fall cocktails! When I was a kid, I couldn’t get enough of caramel apples. They were like a vacation treat for me because no matter where we went, there always seemed to be a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory or a similar place selling those irresistible caramel apples.
Now, as an adult, I still love all the flavors that caramel apples bring. And I’ve found a way to turn them into a delicious cocktail that’s perfect for sipping on the patio during a cool fall evening.
The cool weather and caramel apples are a match made in heaven, and that’s what inspired me to create this caramel apple martini. If you’re a fan of all things caramel apple, you should definitely give my Caramel Apple Bourbon and Caramel Apple Sangria a try too!
Table of Contents
What’s the Difference between Butterscotch and Caramel?
This recipe uses Butterscotch schnapps, which adds a creamy, caramel taste to the cocktail. You might wonder how Butterscotch is different from Caramel. Well, the sugar used sets them apart. Caramel usually uses regular sugar, while Butterscotch uses brown sugar.
Why We Love This Recipe
- The blend of caramel and apple is simply irresistible.
- Trying new drink ideas is always fun.
- Perfect for cozy evenings during the fall season.
- Vodka: Provides a neutral base, allowing the flavors of sour apple and butterscotch to stand out.
- Sour Apple Schnapps: It brings a tangy apple taste, a must for replicating the caramel apple flavor in your martini. If you’re all about that sour apple goodness, our Sour Apple Martini recipe is one you must try.
- Butterscotch Schnapps: Contributes a sweet, buttery richness, bringing the caramel flavor to the drink.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Spiced Caramel Apple Martini: Add cinnamon sticks or a dash of cinnamon to complement the apple and caramel with warm, aromatic spices.
- Creamy Caramel Apple Martini: Along with a splash of cream, garnish with caramel syrup for added richness.
- Salty Caramel Apple Martini: Enhance with a rim of salt on the glass, and a drizzle of salted caramel syrup for a harmonious blend of savory and sweet.
- Bourbon Caramel Apple Martini: Use caramel vodka instead of regular vodka and combine with bourbon for a delightful fusion of flavors, accented by deep, woody notes.
- Fruity Caramel Apple Martini: Add green apple slices and a splash of apple juice for a fresher and fruitier flavor.
How to Make a Caramel Apple Martini
Step #1: If desired, prepare your martini glass with a caramel rim and caramel sauce at the bottom of the glass.
Step #2: Then, in your cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine your vodka, sour apple schnapps, and butterscotch schnapps.
Step #3: Next, close your shaker and shake vigorously for 20-30 seconds.
Step #4: Finally, pour your martini into your prepared glass and enjoy!
- Optimal Chill: Pre-chill both your martini glass and vodka to ensure the drink remains cold longer, enhancing its crispness.
- Balanced Garnishing: If using caramel, ensure a thin, even drizzle to avoid overwhelming sweetness.
- Shake Duration: Shake precisely for 20-30 seconds to attain the right chill and proper mixture without over-dilution.
- Measure Accurately: Precise measurements guarantee consistent flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can make a mocktail version by substituting the alcoholic ingredients with apple juice, caramel syrup, and a splash of lemon juice.
Absolutely! Our homemade caramel sauce will add a delicious, gourmet touch to the drink.
Yes, you can serve this martini over ice in a rocks glass if you prefer.
Yes, you can reduce the amount of vodka and schnapps and replace it with apple juice or apple cider.
You can use any plain vodka that you prefer. Some people like to use green apple vodka to enhance the apple flavor.
A Caramel Apple Martini is best enjoyed fresh. If necessary, refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 1-2 days to maintain its flavors, but quality may diminish over time.
More Delicious Cocktails to Try
- Espresso Martini
- Strawberry Jalapeño Margarita
- Raspberry Rose Cocktails
- Blueberry Margarita
- Fresh Cranberry Vodka Spritzers with Rosemary
Caramel Apple Martini Recipe
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 oz sour apple schnapps
- 1/2 oz butterscotch schnapps
- caramel drizzle - optional garnish
- If desired, prepare your martini glass with a caramel rim and caramel sauce at the bottom of the glass.
- Then, in your cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine your vodka, sour apple schnapps, and butterscotch schnapps.
- Next, close your shaker and shake vigorously for 20-30 seconds.
- Finally, pour your martini into your prepared glass and enjoy!