How to Make Homemade Granola: use this basic granola recipe and add whatever you fancy! Make your own flavors with oats, nuts and dried fruit!
When it comes to breakfast, is there anything better than homemade granola?
Toasted oats, crunchy notes, and chewy pieces of dried fruit. Guys, I’m in breakfast heaven just THINKING about it.
Homemade granola really couldn’t be much easier to make. I keep it to a basic formula of two and a half cups of oats, 1 cup of nuts, and one half cup of dried fruit.
You could try all sorts of fun combinations!
How about oats, macadamia nuts, coconut, and cranberries?
Or oats, almonds, and cherries?
You could get super tropical with it and try using dried mango or papaya.
The sky is the limit, my friends. Whatever you go with, be sure to come back and leave a comment to tell me how you liked it 🙂
On the mornings when I just don’t have the time (or energy), I love having a jar of my homemade granola on hand.
Here’s a secret for you: homemade granola is also great for lunch, dinner, and those times when it’s in between a meal, but you’re on a Netflix binge, and you just want something crunchy to eat… you know?
Don’t worry, I know that you know.
Here’s the Homemade Granola Recipe!
Homemade Granola Recipe
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pitted dates
- Preheat an oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the honey, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt into a small glass bowl. Microwave in 15-second increments, stirring in between, until melted and thoroughly combined.
- Toss the oats and nuts together in a large bowl. Pour the honey mixture over the top of the oats and nuts and toss well to evenly coat. Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Give the pan a good stir and add the dates. Return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes, or until the nuts are toasted. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Store in a sealed container for up to 3 weeks.