This is an easy Orange Extract recipe you can make at home and use in any of your recipes with orange extract.
Quick and dirty recipe today!
I love making extracts at home – so easy, cheap, and a good way to use up leftover vodka.
Wait, what is “leftover” vodka?
Orange Extract Recipe
- Zest of one orange - be careful not to get any of the white pith
- 5 oz. Vodka - enough to fill your small container
- A small glass container
- Combine the vodka and orange zest in your container and seal with a tight lid.
- This bottle is about 5 ounces. If you are making more than 8 ounces at a time, add more orange zest!
- Let it hang out in your pantry for a few weeks.
- I've used mine after only a week and it was pretty good, but the longer you wait the better it will taste.
- When you get low you can also add more orange zest and vodka to the bottle so you don't have to start from scratch.