This simple recipe for fresh mango chutney calls for lots of ripe mangoes, onion, garlic, and ginger root. Make a large batch and freeze the leftovers!
Mangoes are my very favorite fruit, so it’s easy to see why Mango Chutney is one of my very favorite condiments. I’m just sure that you want to know how to make mango chutney. I like to make mine spiked with onion, garlic, and LOTS of fresh ginger root.
I made this batch to go with a big pan of one of my favorite Indian dishes, Chicken Biryani.
Make sure you plan ahead and allow some time to buy some mangoes and let them get really ripe before making this recipe.
I prefer to use Champagne (aka Ataulfo) mangoes for this recipe (and I just prefer them in general), but you can use whichever kind you can find at your local grocery store.
Use this handy mango splitter to make your life easier!
This Mango Chutney recipe is a great condiment to many Indian recipes, it also works well with this Baked Beef Samosa recipe.
Here’s the Recipe!
Super Simple Mango Chutney Recipe
- 3 cups diced mango
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons finely minced ginger root
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan. Set over medium-low heat and cook, covered, for 30 minutes. Store in a sealed container.
There are other mango chutney recipes out there, but this one is simple and delicious! Enjoy!