This simple recipe for fresh mango chutney calls for lots of ripe mangoes, onion, garlic, and ginger root. Make a large batch and freeze the leftovers!
Mangoes are my very favorite fruit, so it’s easy to see why Mango Chutney is one of my very favorite condiments. I’m just sure that you want to know how to make mango chutney. I like to make mine spiked with onion, garlic, and LOTS of fresh ginger root.
I made this batch to go with a big pan of one of my favorite Indian dishes, Chicken Biryani.
Make sure you plan ahead and allow some time to buy some mangoes and let them get really ripe before making this recipe.
I prefer to use Champagne (aka Ataulfo) mangoes for this recipe (and I just prefer them in general), but you can use whichever kind you can find at your local grocery store.
Here’s the Recipe!
- 3 cups diced mango
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons finely minced ginger root
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan. Set over medium-low heat and cook, covered, for 30 minutes. Store in a sealed container.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 409 Total Fat 1g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 1g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 285mg Carbohydrates 102g Fiber 6g Sugar 81g Protein 5g
There are other mango chutney recipes out there, but this one is simple and delicious! Enjoy!
You'll Also Love:
Last Updated on