A lighter alternative to fried fish, this oven baked tortilla-crusted tilapia recipe is just the thing for busy weeknights and picky eaters!
Today I’m sharing a recipe that I made recently: Oven Baked Tortilla-Crusted Tilapia. This recipe is part of my 30-Minute Monday series and comes together in a snap.
Just preheat your oven, add some spices to some crushed tortilla chips, and coat your fish. Bake until you reach flaky perfection and dig in!
A fresh squeeze of lime juice is just the thing to brighten up this savory dinner. Serve with a simple salad topped with salsa for a guilt-free speedy supper.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Pie plates or shallow dishes (3)
Baking sheet (1)
Spatula or fish turner (1)
Here’s the Recipe!
Oven Baked Tortilla-Crusted Tilapia Recipe
- 3/4 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 Tilapia fillets
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Lime wedges for serving
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the chips and seasonings in a pie plate or other shallow dish.
- Place the egg white in a separate shallow dish, and the flour in a third shallow dish.
- Pat the fish dry and dredge through the flour, shaking off any excess, then through the egg white and the chips.
- Place on a foil lined baking sheet and place in the preheated oven for 10-14 minutes, until the fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with lime wedges for squeezing.