Stop what you are doing and just start making your grocery list. You’re going to want to make this, like, tonight.
Delicious roasted Pork Tenderloin with Chipotle-Cranberry Sauce:
This is a great recipe for those nights when you have no idea what to make, because it requires no marinating and comes together in just 45 minutes!
To make this, just rub a mixture of garlic-salt and dry ground mustard onto a 1-lb pork tenderloin, roast it in the oven for 30 minutes, then brush it with a bit of honey and olive oil. Let it finish in the oven for another 10 minutes, then take it out to rest before you slice it.
The honey in the finishing glaze provides a wonderful caramelization to the outside of the tenderloin. It gets bubble, golden, and pretty much totally amazing.
While it’s in the oven, make the Chipotle-Cranberry sauce.
Just mince one pepper from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (my grocery store keeps these on the Hispanic foods aisle) and add it to a small pot with a cup of whole fresh cranberries, some lemon juice, and brown sugar. Bring it to a boil, reduce it to a simmer, and let it hang out while the pork is roasting.
If you’ve never cooked with chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, I’ll caution you that while they are full of wonderful flavor, they can be a bit spicy so it’s best to just add a little at a time. In this recipe I’ve just used one pepper from the can. I usually save the rest of the peppers from the can by placing them in an ice cube tray, freezing them, then popping them out into a zipper-close bag and keeping them in the freezer.
If the sauce isn’t sweet enough for you (or you went overboard on the chipotle peppers), just add a bit more brown sugar until it tastes the way you like it.
See how easy that was? This dish is a total snap to make, and makes for a beautiful presentation. Buy an extra couple bags of cranberries to keep in the freezer so you can make this easy dinner whenever you like!
The Wanderlust Kitchen
5 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground dry mustard
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely minced (just one pepper, not the whole can!)
- 1 c. whole cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 c. brown sugar (or more to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Mix garlic salt and dry mustard in small bowl. Rub evenly over pork. Line a roasting pan with foil. Place pork on a rack coated with cooking spray, and place in the roasting pan. Roast pork in preheated oven 30 minutes.
- Mix olive oil and honey in small bowl. After 30 minutes of cooking, brush the oil and honey mixture over the pork and cook for another 10 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Meanwhile, combine chipotle peppers, cranberries, minced garlic, lemon juice, and brown sugar in a small heavy bottomed pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes.
- Slice pork and serve with pan juices and cranberry-chipotle sauce on the side.