This delicious Tabbouleh Salad Recipe is a fresh herb and bulgur salad, with parsley, mint, diced cucumber and tomato, green onion with a simple olive oil and lemon juice dressing.
You didn’t think I’d give you a delicious Shawarma recipe without a recipe for Tabbouleh Salad did you?
Putting this together is simple – you start by cooking the Bulghur Wheat which is as easy as pouring boiling water over it and then walking away. Wash, dry, and chop up your herbs and vegetables, then toss it all together in a bowl with some lemon juice, olive oil, and salt.
It has a very vibrant flavor and goes wonderfully with the spicy aromatics found in most Middle Eastern dishes.
This tabbouleh recipe is closest to the Lebanese variation as it contains more fresh herbs than bulghur, making it closer to a salad than a grain dish. Personally, I think that fresh parsley and mint has a bit more flavor than boring old bulghur wheat, anyway.
This would be a wonderful accompaniment to stuffed cabbage rolls, chicken biryani, or, of course, Chicken Shawarma.
Pin this and Share with Your Friends!
- 1/2 c. fine bulghur wheat
- 1 c. boiling water
- 3 bunches flat-leaf parsley
- 1 bunch mint
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely diced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 6 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
Prepare the Bulghur Wheat
- Pour the boiling water over the bulghur wheat in a shallow bowl. Use a fork to quickly stir the water into the wheat, then set aside for 10 minutes.
- Fluff the wheat with a fork, then place a plate (or plastic wrap) over the top of the bowl and place it in the fridge.
- Let rest until room temperature, at least 15 minutes.
Prepare the Herbs
- Wash the leaves of the parsley and mint then dry completely with a paper towel.
- Trim the stems and discard.
- Mince the parsley and mint leaves and place in a large bowl.
Make the Tabbouleh
- Remove the cooled bulghur from the fridge and combine with the herbs, fluffing and tossing with a fork. Fold in the tomatoes, cucumber, and green onions.
- Drizzle in the olive oil and lemon juice and toss well. Sprinkle in the salt, stir, and taste. Add more salt if needed.
- Serve cool or room temperature.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 282Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 0mgSodium 300mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 4gSugar 3gProtein 5g
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.
This tabbouleh salad recipe is commonly misspelled as: tabouleh salad recipe, tabuleh salad recipe, tabbuleh salad recipe, tabouli salad recipe, tabboleh salad recipe, tabuleh salad recipe, taboleh salad recipe, tabule salad recipe, taboulee salad recipe, tabboulah salad recipe, taboulah salad recipe, tabouleh salad recipe, tabulah salad recipe, tabouli salad recipe and taboulleh salad recipe.