I can’t wait until someone invites me over to watch a football game so I can make these little bites of heaven and bring them with me.
Just look at them! Aren’t they just precious?
These meatballs are quick and easy to make, and they can be served by themselves as an appetizer or over a bowl of rice or noodles as a main course.
It’s as simple as forming the meatballs, making the sauce, and dropping them in. Once they are made you could easily transport them to a slow-cooker to keep them warm for a party or the big game.
The curry paste adds a bit of spice, while the palm sugar tempers the heat with a subtle sweetness. Savory fish sauce and creamy coconut milk round out this dish to make it immensely satisfying.
Here’s the Recipe!
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 (14oz) can of unsweetened light coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. Panang curry paste (or any red curry paste)
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 4 wild lime leaves (optional)
- Place your ground beef in a medium bowl and season with 1/2 tsp. fish sauce. Form 24 meatballs using about a tablespoon of beef for each one. Set aside.
- Heat half the can of coconut milk in a medium skillet over medium heat. Let it cook for a few minutes until it thickens and bubbles. Add in the curry paste and work it into the coconut milk using the back of a wooden spoon.
- Once combined, add in the rest of the coconut milk along with meatballs. Spoon the curry sauce over the top of the meatballs and cook, stirring now and then, 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and add the water, brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon of fish sauce. Toss in the whole wild lime leaves. Simmer and stir occasionally for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat, remove the lime leaves, and serve.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 54 Total Fat 3g Saturated Fat 2g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 1g Cholesterol 17mg Sodium 92mg Carbohydrates 1g Fiber 0g Sugar 1g Protein 6g