These Vegan Meatball Banh Mi sandwiches are chock full of pickled veggies and fresh cilantro sprigs, then topped with a creamy sriracha sauce. Perfection in a bun!
Back when I used to live in Portland, there were restaurants nearby.
Yep, that’s an actual fact.
I live out in the country now, and the closest places for me to get food have names like Backroads Pub & Grub, Noplace Saloon, and I Don’t Know. Yes, the place nearest to my house is actually just called “I Don’t Know.”
When I think back to the surplus of food options I had available to me in the city, living out here sometimes feels like a bit of a sacrifice.
Living out here is incredible, and it actually forces me to cook even *more* often than I used to. Which is a LOT.
When I lived in town, I used to hit up this drive-thru Banh Mi place quite a bit. YES. I said DRIVE THRU. It was amazing.
Now, I make my own Vegan Banh Mi sandwiches and I am a little bit in love with them.
I adore the pickled vegetables, crunchy cilantro sprigs, and spicy sriracha sauce.
I stuff spicy vegan meatballs in my sandwiches and head on over to chow-down-town (<–Hey, that would be a great name for a blog – just sayin’).
I used vegan mayonnaise for the sriracha sauce to keep the whole thing plant-based, but feel free to use the regular stuff if you feel so inclined.
Pin this on Pinterest!
Here’s the Recipe!
- 1/2 cup carrot matchsticks
- 1/2 cup daikon radish matchsticks
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup sliced jalapeno
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 crusty bread rolls, sliced
- 16 vegan meatballs, warmed
- 16 sprigs cilantro
- 4 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- Combine the carrot, daikon, cucumber, and jalapeno in a large glass container with lid. Pour in the vinegar, sugar, salt, and 1 cup of hot water. Secure the lid and shake until sugar has dissolved. Set aside to pickle for minimum 15 minutes, or up to 4 hours in the fridge.
- Place the sliced rolls on a large platter. Tuck four vegan "meatballs" into each rolls, then top with one quarter of the prepared pickled veggies and four cilantro sprigs.
- Whisk the vegan mayonnaise and sriracha together in a small bowl. Transfer to a piping bag or squeeze bottle and drizzle onto each sandwich. Alternatively, you may simply smear the sauce onto the inside of the buns. Serve immediately.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 230Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1933mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 3gSugar 16gProtein 4g
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.
You'll Also Love:
Last Updated on