These Vegan Meatball Banh Mi sandwiches are chock full of pickled veggies and fresh cilantro sprigs, then topped with a creamy sriracha sauce. Perfection in a bun!
Back when I used to live in Portland, there were restaurants nearby.
Yep, that’s an actual fact.
I live out in the country now, and the closest places for me to get food have names like Backroads Pub & Grub, Noplace Saloon, and I Don’t Know. Yes, the place nearest to my house is actually just called “I Don’t Know.”
When I think back to the surplus of food options I had available to me in the city, living out here sometimes feels like a bit of a sacrifice.
Living out here is incredible, and it actually forces me to cook even *more* often than I used to. Which is a LOT.
When I lived in town, I used to hit up this drive-thru Banh Mi place quite a bit. YES. I said DRIVE THRU. It was amazing.
Now, I make my own Vegan Banh Mi sandwiches and I am a little bit in love with them.
I adore the pickled vegetables, crunchy cilantro sprigs, and spicy sriracha sauce.
I stuff spicy vegan meatballs in my sandwiches and head on over to chow-down-town (<–Hey, that would be a great name for a blog – just sayin’).
I used vegan mayonnaise for the sriracha sauce to keep the whole thing plant-based, but feel free to use the regular stuff if you feel so inclined.
Here’s Your Recipe!
- 1/2 cup carrot matchsticks
- 1/2 cup daikon radish matchsticks
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup sliced jalapeno
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 crusty bread rolls, sliced
- 16 vegan meatballs, warmed
- 16 sprigs cilantro
- 4 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- Combine the carrot, daikon, cucumber, and jalapeno in a large glass container with lid. Pour in the vinegar, sugar, salt, and 1 cup of hot water. Secure the lid and shake until sugar has dissolved. Set aside to pickle for minimum 15 minutes, or up to 4 hours in the fridge.
- Place the sliced rolls on a large platter. Tuck four vegan "meatballs" into each rolls, then top with one quarter of the prepared pickled veggies and four cilantro sprigs.
- Whisk the vegan mayonnaise and sriracha together in a small bowl. Transfer to a piping bag or squeeze bottle and drizzle onto each sandwich. Alternatively, you may simply smear the sauce onto the inside of the buns. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 95 Total Fat 10g
You'll Also Love:
Last Updated on