These Vegan Meatball Banh Mi sandwiches are chock full of pickled veggies and fresh cilantro sprigs, then topped with a creamy sriracha sauce. Perfection in a bun!
If you live in a big city, there may be lots of restaurant options nearby.
If you don’t live in a big city and have lots of options, that is okay. We have lived in big cities and very small towns and loved them all.
When you live in a smaller city, it may force you to cook more than in a big city.
It is fine if you don’t have a drive-thru Banh Mi restaurant.
Now, you can make your own Vegan Banh Mi sandwiches like I do. I am a little bit in love with them.
I adore the pickled vegetables, crunchy cilantro sprigs, and spicy sriracha sauce.
I stuff spicy vegan meatballs in my sandwiches and head on over to chow-down-town (<–Hey, that would be a great name for a blog – just sayin’).
I used vegan mayonnaise for the sriracha sauce to keep the whole thing plant-based, but feel free to use the regular stuff if you feel so inclined.
Pin this on Pinterest!
Here’s the Recipe!
- 1/2 cup carrot matchsticks
- 1/2 cup daikon radish matchsticks
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup sliced jalapeno
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 crusty bread rolls, sliced
- 16 vegan meatballs, warmed
- 16 sprigs cilantro
- 4 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- Combine the carrot, daikon, cucumber, and jalapeno in a large glass container with lid. Pour in the vinegar, sugar, salt, and 1 cup of hot water. Secure the lid and shake until sugar has dissolved. Set aside to pickle for minimum 15 minutes, or up to 4 hours in the fridge.
- Place the sliced rolls on a large platter. Tuck four vegan "meatballs" into each rolls, then top with one quarter of the prepared pickled veggies and four cilantro sprigs.
- Whisk the vegan mayonnaise and sriracha together in a small bowl. Transfer to a piping bag or squeeze bottle and drizzle onto each sandwich. Alternatively, you may simply smear the sauce onto the inside of the buns. Serve immediately.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 230Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1933mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 3gSugar 16gProtein 4g
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.