This hot buttered rum batter recipe makes it fast and easy to create classic hot buttered rum drinks anytime you want and for your next holiday party.
Here’s my easy 3-step method to making perfect hot buttered rum mix!
Nothing says “winter is coming” quite like cozying up with a steaming mug of hot buttered rum. This concoction of butter, ice cream, sugar and rum is simultaneously warming, filling, and perfectly spiced.
You may be wondering how to make hot buttered rum mix? Well, I’m here to help you!
To make Hot Buttered Rum you just need two things: Rum and Hot Buttered Rum Mix.
I always thought that making homemade hot buttered rum mix would be time consuming and tedious. A few years back my mom and I decided to make a bunch of homemade coffee infused liqueur (faux-Kahlua) and I felt like it took alllll daaaayyyy.
I guess I just had it in my head that homemade cocktail shenanigans were super laborious!
Then, last winter, we were having lunch in this British pub in town where they were serving a Hot Buttered Rum Bread Pudding a their dessert special. You know I had to order it! I’ve been waiting almost a year for the weather to get cold so I could recreate that fateful dessert.
Here is my Hot Buttered Rum Bread Pudding recipe which uses this Hot Buttered Rum Batter recipe.
So, now you can be in Hot Buttered Rum heaven with the drink and the dessert!
Alright, without further adieu, let me tell you exactly how easy it is to make hot buttered rum mix!
Here’s the Recipe!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 pound powdered (confectioner's) sugar
- 1 pound light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- Place the butter and ice cream on your kitchen counter and let it sit for 30 minutes until softened.
- Unwrap the butter sticks and put the in a large mixing bowl. Pour the sugars on top, then cream together with a hand mixer until well blended. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and ice cream. Mix well.
- Transfer to freezer safe mason jars or ice cube trays* and freeze.
To Use for Hot Buttered Rum:
- In a medium-sized mug, combine 2 tablespoons of mix with 8 ounces boiling water. Add in 1 1/2 ounce rum. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
*Ice Cube trays are super handy for portioning out 1 serving of mix at a time. If you want to use this method, place the filled ice cube trays in the freezer; once frozen, pop the out and store in a freezer zipper bag.
Please note nutrition information is for the entire batch, not per serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 4454Total Fat 242gSaturated Fat 151gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 78gCholesterol 720mgSodium 1632mgCarbohydrates 572gFiber 5gSugar 552gProtein 21g
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.
If you like this recipe, please share it with your friends!
You'll Also Love:
Last Updated on