You don’t have to be under-the-weather to enjoy a hot toddy! A mug full of this steamy cocktail is only 5 minutes away.
Welp, it’s January and it’s entirely gloom and doom outside.
Am I surprised? No. Over it? Yes.
Like all Portlanders, I suffer through the months of overcast skies because spring, summer, and fall are totally worth it here.
I can’t wait for spring to be here – this year I’m going to try my hand at gardening! I’ve been composting for a few weeks so we’ll see how that turns out. Anyone have some good composting tips for me?
In the mean time, I really need to work hard at creating more… used lemons… so I should probably go make myself a Hot Toddy.
You should probably make one, too.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Freshly boiled water
- Bourbon or rum
- Whole Cloves
- Cinnamon Sticks
Share with your friends on Pinterest!
Enjoy this warm soothing drink.
Here’s the Recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 lemons, divided
- 18 whole cloves
- 6 teaspoons honey
- 6 ounces quality rum
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 1 whole nutmeg
- Fill the KitchenAid® Electric Kettle with 1 1/2 cups fresh water. Place the kettle on the stand and flip the toggle switch to the ON position.
- Cut three of the lemons in half and cut the fourth into slices. Halve three of the slices to make six half-circles. Stud each half slice with three whole cloves.
- Set out six heat-safe glasses. Squeeze the juice from half a lemon into each of the glasses, then top the lemon juice with one teaspoon of honey and an ounce of
- Once the Electric Kettle has finished boiling and the toggle switch returns to the OFF position, pour 1/4 cup of freshly boiled water into each glass. Stir until the honey has dissolved.
- Garnish each glass with a clove-studded lemon slice and a cinnamon stick. Grate fresh nutmeg over the top. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 108|Total Fat: 0g|Saturated Fat: 0g|Trans Fat: 0g|Unsaturated Fat: 0g|Cholesterol: 0mg|Sodium: 6mg|Carbohydrates: 13g|Fiber: 3g|Sugar: 7g|Protein: 1g|
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
January 22, 2016 | Last Updated on April 21, 2021 by Linda