This Boozy Fruit Salad combines cantaloupe, blueberries, strawberries, kiwi and pineapple all soaked in Limoncello and garnished with fresh herbs for a delicious Limoncello fruit salad.
I’m 98% sure this fruit salad was sent straight from the gods.
Okay, that’s not entirely true. It came from a friend, who is amazing and wonderful and clever enough to add booze to her fruit salad.
I’m not really sure how to classify or categorize this recipe by region like I normally do, but it is so wonderfully delicious I’d simply never forgive myself if I didn’t share it with you.
However, since it has Limoncello in it, let’s just call it Italian. For the sake of argument. Just go with it.
So this wonderful concoction is made up of cantaloupe + blueberries + strawberries + kiwi + pineapple, then soaked in Limoncello and garnished with fresh herbs. I went with mint this time, but basil is completely killer in the summertime.
One thing I HATE in regular fruit salad is under-ripe fruit and big chunks of it. Okay, that’s two things.
But seriously people, let your fruit ripen and cut it into SMALL pieces. That way there’s a better booze-to-fruit ratio anyway.
Here’s a few tips for cutting up the fruit:
- Cut it up really small. I know I already said this (twice) but I swear it’s important.
- If you have trouble cutting up the kiwi, check out this link: How to Peel & Cut Kiwi
- Set out two big bowls before you get going; one is for the cut-up fruit pieces for the fruit salad, and one is for scraps (melon rind, strawberry hulls, kiwi peel, etc.). Trust me, this will make your life a lot easier.
You are absolutely more than welcome to substitute out fruits so you can use what you can find at your grocery store. Blackberries are a great substitute for blueberries, honeydew works well in place of cantaloupe, and mango is just delicious in everything.
Go crazy! But don’t add banana. It just gets mushy and gross and discolored. Nooooo thank you.
I always get so many compliments when I bring this boozy fruit salad to parties, showers, brunches, and luncheons.
Just make sure to warn parents about the limoncello in the recipe – they may not want their kids to eat it.
Okay, ready for the super-duper simple recipe card?
Best Ever Boozy Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1 small cantaloupe melon - peeled and diced small
- 1 lb. strawberries - sliced
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 3 kiwi - peeled, halved, and thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. Limoncello liqueur
- 4 Tbsp. minced fresh mint or basil
- Combine the fruit in a large bowl. Pour in the Limoncello and toss with a wooden spoon to coat the fruit pieces. Let sit at least fifteen minutes to soak up the booze. Fold in the fresh herbs just before serving.
Enjoy Responsibly. This post and recipe are intended for those of legal drinking age.