This Cheesy Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms recipe is delicious, easy and makes a great appetizer for your next get together.
I think we can all agree that cheese and bacon make everything better.
Just think about it. Put the words “cheesy bacon” in front of just about anything and BAM! It’s better.
Cheesy bacon burger. Cheesy bacon pizza. Cheesy bacon potato chips.
I think I could even be talked into eating cheesy bacon ice cream if I was feeling adventurous that day.
This time, it took me about 30 seconds before I knew what I wanted to make: stuffed mushrooms with cheese and bacon!
The required ingredients for these bacon and cheese stuffed mushrooms are:
- Sargento Chef Blends 4 State Cheddar
- Oyster Crackers
Ummmm, yeah. Those ingredients were just screaming to be stuffed into mushrooms and roasted to ooey gooey perfection.
Honestly, you guys… I had no idea how many different types of cheddar cheese there were before I picked up this blend. It has Sharp Wisconsin Cheddar, Sharp Vermont Cheddar, Sharp New York Cheddar and Mild California Cheddar. Perfect!
Here’s the Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe!
- 6 ounces bacon, chopped
- 4 cups chopped kale (about half a bunch)
- 1/4 cup crumbled oyster crackers, divided
- 4 ounces Sargento Chef Blends 4 State Cheddar
- 16 large (2 1/2" diameter) white mushrooms, stemmed
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add the chopped bacon and fry until the fat is rendered and the bacon is crisp. Transfer the cooked bacon to a large bowl and reserve 1 tablespoon of bacon grease in the pan.
- Add the chopped kale to the pan and saute in the remaining bacon grease until wilted, about 2-4 minutes. Transfer the kale to the large bowl along with 1/8 cup of the crumbled oyster crackers and all of the shredded cheese. Toss well.
- Stuff the mushroom cavities with the filling mixture and place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle the remaining 1/8 cup crumbled oyster crackers over the tops of the stuffed mushrooms. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is bubbly.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 378Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 70mgSodium 966mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 4gSugar 3gProtein 25g
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.
Available in 30 versatile varieties, unique blends and distinct cuts, Sargento Shredded Cheese is always cut from blocks of 100% real, natural cheese. For more inspiration, check out the Sargento Pinterest page Pinterest.com/sargentocheese/ or visit Sargento.com for more information. The Chopped at Home Challenge gives viewers a chance to create their best recipe using the selected basket ingredients, including Sargento Shredded Cheese, for a chance to win $10,000!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento. The opinions and text are all mine.