This savory Roman Chicken pairs perfectly with creamy, cheesy orzo!
Working from home can get pretty lonely. With no one but the dog to keep me company, the house seems very big and very quiet, which is why I like to turn on the TV to keep me company. It’s probably rotting my brain, but I’m a very social person and I think it keeps me sane.
I usually have on one of three things: home and garden programs, Law & Order SVU re-runs, and, of course, cooking shows. I really love cooking competition shows, so when I heard about the Chopped at Home Contest with Sargento Cheese, I knew I wanted to play along.
The challenge is to come up with a recipe using four ingredients found in your “basket.”
The ingredients are:
- Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 6 Cheese Italian
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Red bell pepper
- Greek yogurt
All super easy-to-find ingredients, right?
Here’s what I made:
Roman Chicken with Cheesy Orzo!
I am a total sucker for cheesy-anything, and I’m guessing that you are, too. Why make regular rice when you can make cheesy rice? Why make regular orzo when you can make CHEESY orzo?!
Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 6 Cheese Italian is a mixture of Mozzerella + Provolone + Parmesan + Fontina + Romano + Asiago, so it basically covers all your bases in terms of salty + creamy + melty.
Here’s the Recipe!
For the Cheesy Orzo
- 1 pound dried orzo
- 1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 cup Sargento Chef's Blend Shredded 6 Cheese Italian
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
For the Roman Chicken
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, vertically sliced
- 3 bell peppers (any combination of red, yellow, and orange), sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 5 ounces diced pancetta
- Cook the orzo according to package directions. Turn off the heat, drain and return to pot. Toss with Greek yogurt, Sargento Chef's Blend Shredded 6 Cheese Italian, and olive oil. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then dredge lightly in flour. Heat the butter and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the chicken in the pan and let cook until browned, about 90-120 seconds per side. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion, peppers, and pancetta to the pan. Saute for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Saute for 30 seconds, then pour the broth, wine, and canned tomatoes into the pan.
- Allow the contents to come to a boil, then return the heat to medium and return the chicken to the pan. Cover and let cook for 10 minutes. Remove the lid and let cook for another 10 minutes. Serve with cheesy orzo.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 1043Total Fat 53gSaturated Fat 20gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 28gCholesterol 180mgSodium 1503mgCarbohydrates 73gFiber 6gSugar 11gProtein 66g
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.
Available in 30 versatile varieties, unique blends and distinct cuts, Sargento Shredded Cheese is always cut from blocks of 100% real, natural cheese. For more inspiration, check out the Sargento Pinterest page or visit Sargento.com for more information. The Chopped at Home Challenge gives viewers a chance to create their best recipe using the selected basket ingredients, including Sargento Shredded Cheese, for a chance to win $10,000!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento®. The opinions and text are all mine.
You'll Also Love:
Last Updated on