Orzo-lovers, unite! This easy Mediterranean orzo pasta salad is made with hearty chickpeas, sweet grape tomatoes, funky feta cheese, and a creamy dressing made with nonfat Greek yogurt. My go-to potluck dish!
I first shared this recipe with you in March of 2014, so I thought I’d update it a little bit to remind you that you need to make it for everyone you know this Spring.
Or, just do as I do, and make it so you can eat a whole batch of it by yourself with a huge wooden spoon.
Fine, let’s get real. I may have over-exaggerated the importance of this pasta salad in my life, but once you take one bite of it you’ll know what I’m talking about.
What’s not to love about teeny-tiny morsels of Orzo pasta, sweet grape tomatoes, tangy Kalamata olives, creamy chickpeas, and savory feta cheese?
I live for this kind of food.
The dressing is made with zesty lemon juice and tangy (non-fat!) Greek yogurt. When you take a bite, the ripe grape tomatoes burst open and pretty much make life worth living.
Ready to be the star at your next potluck?
Here’s the Recipe!
- 6 ounces uncooked orzo
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 2 green onions, sliced (green parts only)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook orzo in a large pot of salted, boiling water until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the lemon juice, Greek yogurt, honey, garlic, and olive oil in the bowl of a small food processor. Pulse until well combined. Alternatively, whisk ingredients together in a bowl.
- Place the tomatoes, feta cheese, kalamata olives, chickpeas, green onion, and cooked orzo in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the top; toss well. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Serve at room temperature or slightly chilled.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 336Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 12mgSodium 232mgCarbohydrates 44gFiber 4gSugar 15gProtein 9g
You'll Also Love:
Last Updated on