Orzo-lovers, unite! This easy Mediterranean orzo pasta salad is made with hearty chickpeas, sweet grape tomatoes, funky feta cheese, and a creamy dressing made with nonfat Greek yogurt. My go-to potluck dish!
I first shared this recipe with you in March of 2014, so I thought I’d update it a little bit to remind you that you need to make it for everyone you know this Spring.
Or, just do as I do, and make it so you can eat a whole batch of it by yourself with a huge wooden spoon.
Fine, let’s get real. I may have over-exaggerated the importance of this pasta salad in my life, but once you take one bite of it you’ll know what I’m talking about.
What’s not to love about teeny-tiny morsels of Orzo pasta, sweet grape tomatoes, tangy Kalamata olives, creamy chickpeas, and savory feta cheese?
I live for this kind of food.
The dressing is made with zesty lemon juice and tangy (non-fat!) Greek yogurt. When you take a bite, the ripe grape tomatoes burst open and pretty much make life worth living.
Ready to be the star at your next potluck?
Here’s the Recipe!
- 6 ounces uncooked orzo
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 2 green onions, sliced (green parts only)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook orzo in a large pot of salted, boiling water until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the lemon juice, Greek yogurt, honey, garlic, and olive oil in the bowl of a small food processor. Pulse until well combined. Alternatively, whisk ingredients together in a bowl.
- Place the tomatoes, feta cheese, kalamata olives, chickpeas, green onion, and cooked orzo in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the top; toss well. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Serve at room temperature or slightly chilled.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 336 Total Fat 14g Saturated Fat 3g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 10g Cholesterol 12mg Sodium 232mg Carbohydrates 44g Fiber 4g Sugar 15g Protein 9g
You'll Also Love:
Last Updated on