I love this Feta and Red Pepper Dip because it only has five ingredients, takes five minutes to make and it is a favorite that gets eaten up quickly!
Yep, you heard that right! It is pretty much an entertaining-at-the-last-minute miracle.
This Greek dip is another one of those recipes I learned in our Athens cooking class, so today I thought it would be fun for me to share the pictures that I took during the class.
Check it out!
We really had so much fun taking that class! This spicy feta dip recipe was the last one we learned, and it truly only took us five minutes to make it! I re-created it at home so I could test the recipe and snap some pictures to show you.
It’s as simple as tossing feta, roasted red peppers, olive oil, chili pepper, and salt into a blender or food processor and giving it a whirl. I used my handy small-size food processor, which was perfect for this quick job and doesn’t take up a ton of space in my dishwasher.
I brought this over to a family potluck with some cut up pita bread and let everyone else do the hard work! Okay, just kidding, I totally helped with the other stuff, too.
Oh, and I know I preached this pretty seriously in my Greek Salad post, but it’s really important to use high-quality Feta cheese. It makes all the difference in the world!
Ready to dig in?
Here’s the Recipe!
- 8 ounces high-quality feta cheese
- 6 ounces roasted red peppers*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Roughly break up the cheese into chunks and place in the bowl of a food processor or blender.
- Add the roasted red peppers, salt, and red pepper flakes then pulse the processor a few times. While continuing to pulse, drizzle in the olive oil. Depending on the feta used, you may want to add a bit more olive oil until it reaches a spreadable consistency.
- Serve with vegetables and warm pita bread for dipping.
*Use the kind sold in jars and packed in oil
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 232 Total Fat 20g Saturated Fat 10g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 10g Cholesterol 50mg Sodium 653mg Carbohydrates 5g Fiber 1g Sugar 4g Protein 8g
Follow Anetta | The Wanderlust Kitchen’s board Middle Eastern & Mediterranean on Pinterest.