Fresh basil, nutty Parmesan, and thick cream cheese bubble up into a warm, fluffy bite of heaven in this Hot Basil Parmesan Dip!
I know that the interwebs is already filling up with SO freaking many pumpkin recipes, but I’m still a *teensy* bit stuck on summer.
I know I can’t be the only one with WAY too much basil growing on their counter top.
Or, maybe you’re the type of person that can actually grow things in a garden. I have to buy those “living basil” plants in the produce section of the grocery store because I can only keep them alive in a glass of water next to my sink.
If the basil was actually planted, like, in the ground, I would kill it for sure. Even keeping it *right* next to my sink where you would THINK that I could remember to water it, I still go through probably 1 plant per month. I have a bit of a black thumb.
The new house actually has a sun room right off of the dining room, and I keep swearing up and down that I’m going to clean it out and grow all sorts of fabulous things in there.
Plants I’ve told people that I’m going to grow but that I will in all likelihood kill within six weeks: tomatoes, lemon trees, wild lime trees, just about every fresh herb imaginable, and I’ve even made some jokes about putting in a few ganja plants. Hey, this is Oregon, okay? And I never said this blog was going to be family friendly.
Don’t worry, I’m not going to start posting lots of mysterious “herbal” recipes or anything. And I promise that this dip is only green because of the basil.
Alright, I’ve obviously had too much coffee this morning, so I should probably hand over the recipe card and go about my business.
Here’s the Recipe!
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- 2 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces Greek yogurt cheese (or regular cream cheese)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the basil, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and olive oil into a small food processor. Pulse until the garlic is well minced.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the processor bowl and process until smooth. Transfer the dip to an oven safe serving dish and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until fluffy and heated through. Serve with crackers for dipping.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 98Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 13mgSodium 228mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 6g
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.