Fresh basil, nutty Parmesan, and thick cream cheese bubble up into a warm, fluffy bite of heaven in this Hot Basil Parmesan Dip!
I know that the interwebs is already filling up with SO freaking many pumpkin recipes, but I’m still a *teensy* bit stuck on summer.
I know I can’t be the only one with WAY too much basil growing on their counter top.
Or, maybe you’re the type of person that can actually grow things in a garden. I have to buy those “living basil” plants in the produce section of the grocery store because I can only keep them alive in a glass of water next to my sink.
If the basil was actually planted, like, in the ground, I would kill it for sure. Even keeping it *right* next to my sink where you would THINK that I could remember to water it, I still go through probably 1 plant per month.
The new house actually has a sun room right off of the dining room, and I keep swearing up and down that I’m going to clean it out and grow all sorts of fabulous things in there.
Plants I’ve told people that I’m going to grow: tomatoes, lemon trees, wild lime trees, just about every fresh herb imaginable.
This Hot Basil Parmesan Dip is so delicious!
Hot Basil Parmesan Dip Recipe
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves - loosely packed
- 2 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces Greek yogurt cheese - or regular cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the basil, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and olive oil into a small food processor. Pulse until the garlic is well minced.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the processor bowl and process until smooth. Transfer the dip to an oven safe serving dish and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until fluffy and heated through. Serve with crackers or tortilla chips for dipping.