Get all of that layered bean dip flavor with much less work in these two-bite snacks. Like miniature bean burritos, these bean dip bites are topped with melty cheese, seasoned guacamole, fresh pico de gallo, and tangy sour cream.
Finger food never tasted so good! These quick and easy Loaded Bean Dip Bites are the perfect snack for after school or while watching the big game.
I’m having a really hard time focusing today for three reasons:
1) The air vent in my office isn’t working and it’s FREEZING in here. My fingers are so cold it’s hard to type!
2) One of the windows in my living room started leaking water after a big storm the other day, and I’m pretty stressed out about it. Homeownership is hard, okay?
3) I may or may not be shopping on Amazon for Christmas Stockings. For my cats.
Yep. I’m turning into THAT person.
But, hey, at least I can drown my sorrows in a pan of Loaded Bean Dip Bites.
Heck to the yes.
These babies have everything you love about a layered bean dip and are even faster to make!
Each mini soft taco boat is filled with refried beans, cheese, guacamole, pico de gallo, and sour cream. In other words, they are like itty bitty perfect bean burritos.
Here’s the run-down on how easy these are to make:
First, pre-heat your oven and make the guacamole by combining some mashed avocado and a packet of Guacamole Seasoning Mix. Refrigerate the guac to let the flavors develop.
Then, arrange a package of Mini Soft Taco Boats in a pan. Open up a can of Traditional Refried Beans and use a spatula to smear each boat with about two tablespoons of beans. Sprinkle with grated cheese, and pop in the oven for a few minutes until the cheese is all melty and the beans are warm.
Top the boats with guacamole, pico de gallo (store bought or make your own!), and sour cream.
If you want to get fancy you can spoon the sour cream into a zipper-close plastic baggy, snip off one of the corners, and pipe the sour cream over the top.
Get creative and add your own favorite toppings!
Here’s the Recipe!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 (1-ounce) package Old El Paso Mild Guacamole Seasoning Mix
- 1 (12-count) package Old El Paso™ Mini Soft Tortilla Taco Boats
- 1 (16-ounce) can Old El Paso™ Traditional Refried Beans
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- Halve the avocados, remove the pits, and scoop the flesh into a medium bowl. Mash the avocado with a fork, then stir in the Guacamole Seasoning Mix until well blended. Cover tightly and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Arrange the mini taco boats in a rimmed pan. Smear the refried beans into the taco boats with a spatula (about 2 heaping tablespoons each). Scatter the grated cheese onto the boats in generous pinches.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5-10 minutes until the beans are warm and the cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, place the sour cream in a zipper close baggie. Cut a small piece of the tip off. Set aside.
- When the boats come out of the oven, top with guacamole and pico de gallo. Pipe the sour cream over the top of the boats. Serve warm.
You can usually find prepared pico de gallo in the produce section, but you can also make your own. Just combine 1 cup chopped tomato, 1 cup diced red onion, 1 seeded and minced jalapeno, and 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves in a medium bowl. Stir and season to taste with fresh lime juice and salt.
For crunchy Loaded Bean Dip Bites, spritz the Mini Taco Boats with olive oil and toast in the preheated oven for 2-3 minutes before filling them with beans.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 172Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 22mgSodium 303mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 4gSugar 1gProtein 6g
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.
Today’s recipe is sponsored by the wonderful people over at Old El Paso. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Wanderlust Kitchen!