In need of a refresher? Cooling cucumber and sweet watermelon make this Gin Cooler the perfect treat!
That is IT. I refuse to put up with this horrible overcast weather anymore. I’m declaring that I’m going to start living like it is actually Spring and I don’t care what kind of weather I have to suffer through to do it.
I finally planted some perennials last week in our backyard, which was a big deal because the flowerbed was previously a pit of mud and gravel. It looks soooo much better and I feel pretty proud of myself.
None of the flowers have even died yet.
Also on my list:
- Clean out our sun room and start putting actual plants in there (right now we’re storing a variety of extension cords, some sort of weird table saw type thing, and a piece of spare carpet in there).
- Unpack and put together the patio lounge chairs and umbrellas that I bought back BEFORE CHRISTMAS.
- Find a good deal on some patio chairs that aren’t $100 a piece and allow my friends and family somewhere to sit outside when the sun decides to come back.
Oh, and at some point we need to fix the flat tired on our riding lawn mower, learn how to start it, learn how to operate it, and start mowing our back 4 acres of grass.
That all sounds like a lot of work, so I’m going to start making these Cucumber Watermelon Gin Coolers at lot more often as a reward for even THINKING about doing that much work.
It’s about time you went ahead and made yourself a bit ol’ batch of gin coolers!
Here’s the Recipe!
- 2 cups watermelon
- 1 large cucumber, peeled
- 3 ounces gin
- Place the watermelon and cucumber in a blender and process until pureed. Pour through a mesh strainer or sieve to remove any excess pulp.
- Set out two glasses and fill with each with ice. Pour 1 1/2 ounces of gin into each glass, then divide the watermelon-cucumber mixture between the two cocktails. Stir well and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163|Total Fat: 0g|Saturated Fat: 0g|Trans Fat: 0g|Unsaturated Fat: 0g|Cholesterol: 0mg|Sodium: 5mg|Carbohydrates: 17g|Fiber: 1g|Sugar: 12g|Protein: 2g|
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.
Enjoy Responsibly. This post and recipe are intended for those of legal drinking age.
April 8, 2015 | Last Updated on October 25, 2021 by Linda