This Greek Couscous Pasta Salad recipe uses Hidden Valley’s new Greek Yogurt Dip Mix to add bold ranch flavor to a perfect summer salad!
This time of year, it seems like I’m always in need of a good recipe to bring to a potluck. Whether it’s a Memorial Day BBQ, Father’s Day lunch, or your cousin’s graduation party, you can’t go wrong when you bring a pasta salad.
I usually avoid filling my plate with pasta salads because I have weird food-guilt issues and never know what kind of weird ingredients may be lurking in the dressing.
After my trip to Greece last year, I became fully obsessed with Greek yogurt and jumped on that bandwagon pretty readily once I returned home.
When Hidden Valley Ranch launched their new Greek Yogurt Mixes, I knew I had to come up with a fun new pasta salad recipe to tote along to get-togethers this summer.
These new mixes are made especially to give you that craveable ranch flavor when mixed with Greek yogurt.
I’m typically on board with anything that tastes great while containing less fat, lower calories, and more protein than the alternative. Pasta salad win!
For this Greek Couscous Pasta Salad, I drove over to Walmart to pick up Hidden Valley’s Greek Yogurt Dip Mix along with a few other ingredients to add texture and variety to the pasta salad.
Since I wanted to stick with a Greek theme, I used tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, and kalamata olives.
This recipe comes together in just 15 minutes, including the prep time you’ll need to cut up the vegetables. I love using Pearl Couscous because it cooks quickly, looks beautiful, and is simply fun to eat.
The Hidden Valley Ranch Greek Yogurt Dip Mix forms the perfect dressing for the salad when mixed with Greek yogurt (obviously) and a little bit of olive oil and lemon juice. So easy, and so full of flavor.
Don’t forget to check our all-time reader’s favorite: greek tzatziki sauce.
Here’s the Recipe!
Greek Couscous Pasta Salad Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked pearl couscous - Israeli couscous
- 1 tablespoon Hidden Valley Ranch Greek Yogurt Dip - half of one packet
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups peeled and diced cucumber
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion - peeled and diced
- 2/3 cup pitted and halved Kalamata olives
- Bring 2 ½ cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the couscous and stir. Cover the pot, turn the heat down to low and simmer for 8 minutes until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a large serving bowl to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the dip sauce by whisking together the Hidden Valley Ranch Greek Yogurt Dip seasoning with the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Toss the cooled couscous together with the cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, and olives.
- Pour the dressing over the top of the couscous and vegetables. Toss well to coat. Serve chilled or at room temperature.