A quick and easy Israeli Couscous Salad recipe, served warm with fennel-roasted vegetables.
I don’t know how it took me so long to discover my love for Israeli Couscous.
The internet informs me that these delicious little balls of pasta are actually known as “Ptitim” in Israel, but there is no way I’m ever going to be able to pronounce that so I’m happy to keep calling it Israeli Couscous.
Look at all the beautiful colors in this dish!
So if you’re thinking that those vegetables look familiar it’s because they are the very same Fennel-Roasted Fall Vegetables I posted about on Wednesday. I told you it would come in handy!
This warm couscous salad is a great dish to bring to a potluck or get-together because it is easy to make and keeps really well if you want to make it ahead of time.
Putting this together is a cinch. Israeli Couscous cooks just like pasta (er, in boiling water for those who didn’t know).
Once it’s cooked, just place it in a bowl with your roasted vegetables and toss it with a quick dressing.
This couscous with roasted vegetables packs a big punch of flavor – I think it tastes better the longer it sits.
Here’s the Recipe!
- 1 cup Israeli Couscous (aka Pearl couscous)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Apple vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups Fennel-Roasted Fall Vegetables
- Bring 1 1/4 cups of water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the couscous and stir well. Cover, turn the heat to low and let simmer for 8 minutes. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the honey, oil, vinegar, pepper, and salt to form a smooth dressing.
- Add the roasted vegetables to the couscous bowl. Drizzle the dressing over the top and toss well to coat. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 110Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 0mgSodium 537mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 3g
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.