Noodle bowls have been scientifically proven to be the most important of all food groups. These Grilled Thai Veggie Noodle Bowls are topped with chopped peanuts and are sure to satisfy all your noodly needs!
It’s really difficult for me to write this post right now because I’m STARVING and these pictures are absolutely killing me.
That might sound a little dramatic, but there’s nothing to eat in my house right now and I’ve been clinically diagnosed with sever hanger issues.
I just got back from Orlando (Disney! Wizarding World of Harry Potter! Typhoon Lagoon!) with my sister and 5-year-old niece, and I’m not sure I’ve ever been so exhausted.
Traveling is always a bit tiring, but I’m not sure anyone knows the meaning of exhaustion until they’ve visited 6 theme parks in 4 days with a 5-year old. Those of you that follow me on Snapchat (@wanderlustkitch) have been keeping up with the madness. It was such a blast, and I loved being able to spend so much quality time with my sister and niece, but HOLY COW do kids wear you out.
Since I’ve been gone so much these past few months (I’ve been on the road 6 out of the past 10 weeks!), my pantry and fridge have been looking pretty pathetic.
I’ve been hesitant to buy a lot of groceries because I hate to see things go bad, but then every time I get home from a trip I have zero food in the house and get stuck eating popcorn and wine for dinner (not a bad option, honestly).
Before I left for Orlando, I made these fabulous Spicy Thai-Style Grilled Veggie Skewers. I had lots of leftovers, so I got creative and turned them into these Thai veggie noodle bowls! The noodles are slurpy, the veggies are spicy, and the peanuts are crunchy. Perfection, my dear friends.
I used udon noodles for this recipe, even though they technically aren’t Thai-style noodles. You can grab them from Amazon here:
You could swap them out for any sturdy noodle you like! I think these soba noodles would also be delicious:
Alright, it’s time for me to sign off so I can get myself to the grocery store and re-stock my kitchen. I’ve got lots of fun recipes planned for this week!
Here’s the Recipe!
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 pound udon noodles
- 3 cups Spicy Thai-Style Grilled Vegetables, warmed
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Whisk together the fish sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, oyster sauce, and soy sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cook the noodles according to package directions for al dente. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the cooking water before draining the noodles.
- Return the cooked noodles to the pot and set the heat to medium. Pour the prepared sauce mixture into the pot along with the reserved cooking water. Toss well and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce clings to the noodles. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with the grilled vegetables. Garnish with chopped peanuts and sesame seeds.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 480 Total Fat 27g Saturated Fat 4g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 20g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 2316mg Carbohydrates 48g Fiber 13g Sugar 10g Protein 19g
You'll Also Love:
Last Updated on