This Thai Vegetarian Noodle Bowl recipe has delicious grilled veggies on noodles and topped with chopped peanuts to satisfy all your noodly needs!
It’s really difficult for me to write this post right now because I’m STARVING and these pictures are absolutely killing me.
That might sound a little dramatic, but there’s nothing to eat in my house right now and I’ve been clinically diagnosed with sever hanger issues.
Since I’ve been gone so much these past few months (I’ve been on the road 6 out of the past 10 weeks!), my pantry and fridge have been looking pretty pathetic.
I’ve been hesitant to buy a lot of groceries because I hate to see things go bad, but then every time I get home from a trip I have zero food in the house and get stuck eating popcorn and wine for dinner (not a bad option, honestly).
Before I left for my last trip, I made these fabulous Spicy Thai-Style Grilled Veggie Skewers. I had lots of leftovers, so I got creative and turned them into these Thai veggie noodle bowls! The noodles are slurpy, the veggies are spicy, and the peanuts are crunchy. Perfection, my dear friends.
I used udon noodles for this vegetarian noodle bowl recipe, even though they technically aren’t Thai-style noodles. You can grab them from Amazon here.
You could swap them out for any sturdy noodle you like! I think these soba noodles would also be delicious.
Alright, it’s time for me to sign off so I can get myself to the grocery store and re-stock my kitchen. I’ve got lots of fun recipes planned for this week!
Pin this to Pinterest and Share with Your Friends:
Here’s the Recipe!
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 pound udon noodles
- 3 cups Spicy Thai-Style Grilled Vegetables, warmed
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Whisk together the fish sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, oyster sauce, and soy sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cook the noodles according to package directions for al dente. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the cooking water before draining the noodles.
- Return the cooked noodles to the pot and set the heat to medium. Pour the prepared sauce mixture into the pot along with the reserved cooking water. Toss well and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce clings to the noodles. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with the grilled vegetables. Garnish with chopped peanuts and sesame seeds.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 480Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 0mgSodium 2316mgCarbohydrates 48gFiber 13gSugar 10gProtein 19g
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.