Tortillas, salsa, cheese, and eggs are all you need to make these easy, flavorful Tortilla Breakfast Pizzas. Load them up with your favorite toppings and dig in!
I’m only a teensy bit obsessed with these tortilla pizzas.
I made these early one morning, snapped a few pictures, then decided to dig in.
After downing a whole pizza in two minutes flat, I looked longingly at the second one.
My my eyes are always bigger than my stomach, so I knew I had to wait.
I made it a whole two hours before eating the second tortilla pizza, even though it was cold.
True story: it was still delicious.
When the husband got home from work, I made even more pizzas and we had breakfast-pizza-for-dinner.
It is obsessive to eat the same thing for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? Maybe. But I’m okay with that.
You won’t believe how easy these little breakfast tortillas are to make.
All you have to do is stack two tortillas on top of each other, create a ring of thick salsa around the edges, crack an egg in the middle, then sprinkle cheese all over the salsa ring.
Pop it in the oven for a few minutes, then cover it in whatever toppings your little heart desires.
I’m on a complete burst tomato binge lately, so I spend four whole minutes blistering some cherry tomatoes in oil while the breakfast pizzas baked in the oven.
Pickled jalapenos are a constant staple in my fridge, so of course I had to throw some of those on, too.
Avocado? Obviously. Save some time with this great 3-in-1 Avocado peeler, slicer and pitter tool.
Cilantro is a given on about 50% of the things I share on this site, so you knew that one was coming.
Lastly, I added a sprinkle of crumbled cotija cheese and a dash of red pepper flakes to make it extra spicy.
In full disclosure, when I made these again for dinner I was too lazy to crumble more cheese (seriously, what is my life) so I used pre-crumbled Feta cheese.
Not sure I could get much lazier, honestly. It was super tasty with the Feta as well, so feel free to experiment with this one.
I plan to try out a more *traditional* pizza versions of this recipe with marina, shredded mozzarella cheese, and whatever pizza-type toppings I can find in my fridge.
I’m thinking olives, pepperoncinis, and maybe even some fresh basil.
The egg definitely has to stay.
Loaded Tortilla Breakfast Pizza Recipe
- 4 burrito-size Old El Paso™ flour tortillas
- 1 cup thick salsa
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Mexican-blend cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 small avocado - pitted and cut into slices
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cotija cheese
- Optional Toppings: pickled jalapenos - red pepper flakes, sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Place the tortillas on a large baking sheet, one on top of the other, to make two double stacks.
- Spread a half cup of salsa onto each tortilla stack. Make a small well in the center of each pizza and then crack an egg into each one. Season each egg with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top of the salsa, dividing it equally between the two pizzas.
- Bake on the center rack of the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes; until the egg white just begin to turn opaque.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat until the oil is shimmering. Add the cherry tomatoes and let cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until blistered. Turn off the heat source and use a pot holder to shake the pan and turn the tomatoes. Continue to cook with the heat off for another minute or two, until wrinkled and soft.
- Once the egg whites are starting to set, switch the oven setting to broil for 1 to 3 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly, the egg whites are set and the yolks are cooked to your liking.
- Top the breakfast pizzas with the blistered tomatoes, avocado slices, cilantro leaves, crumbled cotija cheese, and any other optional toppings. Serve hot.
Today’s recipe is sponsored by the wonderful people over at Old El Paso. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Wanderlust Kitchen!
I’ll make these in the morning–sounds perfect for what I like–ring of salsa! Hope you are well, have regained your strength, and can now crumble a little cheese like, well, most of us. Not bragging. Thanks!
I made two of these this morning! SOOOOOO GOOD! And fun. And, I ate the entire thing and I haven’t been this full in I can’t remember how long. Too tasty to not stuff myself! Yaye, great recipe!
These tortilla breakfast pizzas are amazing! I am just about to have some lunch but wouldn’t say no to one of these as an appetizer, haha!