This Pineapple Ginger Iced Tea recipe combines fresh pineapple, ginger and unsweetened iced tea for a delicious and refreshing pineapple tea drink.
This morning I got up and had a glass of this pineapple and ginger tea on my front porch. It was heavenly.
At the beginning of 2014, I gave up sugary drinks for my new year’s resolution. I’m still going strong on my 2013 no-fast-food commitment, so I thought it was time to step up my game!
I almost have to re-set my taste buds to appreciate natural flavor and sweetness rather than the refined stuff.
This pineapple ginger iced tea is infused with all the natural flavor and goodness of fresh pineapple and ginger, and pairs perfectly with Pure Leaf’s Unsweetened Iced Tea. It has just a hint of sweetness with a nice gingery kick to it.
One way I’m working to limit my sugar intake is to cut out beverages other than water, coffee, and tea.
I’ve been on a serious Iced Tea kick the past few weeks, and Pure Leaf is my go-to choice because it’s brewed from real tea leaves.
Alright, enough of the talking. Let’s get to sipping!
Pineapple Ginger Iced Tea Recipe
- 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh ginger root
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups Pure Leaf Unsweetened Iced Tea
- Place the pineapple, ginger, and water in a saucepan and set over medium heat until boiling. Reduce the heat to low and let simmer for fifteen minutes. Turn off the heat and let cool ten minutes.
- Transfer the pineapple mixture to the bowl of a blender. Process until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh sieve and chill until ready to use.
- Combine ¼ cup pineapple-ginger concentrate with 1 cup Pure Leaf Unsweetened Iced Tea and serve over ice.