This morning I got up and had a glass of this pineapple ginger iced tea on my front porch. It was heavenly.
At the beginning of 2014, I gave up sugary drinks for my new year’s resolution. I’m still going strong on my 2013 no-fast-food commitment, so I thought it was time to step up my game!
I almost have to re-set my taste buds to appreciate natural flavor and sweetness rather than the refined stuff. This pineapple ginger iced tea is infused with all the natural flavor and goodness of fresh pineapple and ginger, and pairs perfectly with Pure Leaf’s Unsweetened Iced Tea. It has just a hint of sweetness with a nice gingery kick to it.
One way I’m working to limit my sugar intake is to cut out beverages other than water, coffee, and tea. I’ve been on a serious Iced Tea kick the past few weeks, and Pure Leaf is my go-to choice because it’s brewed from real tea leaves.
You might remember that I talked about Pure Leaf’s Share the Love of Leaves project in my Hawaiian Shoyu Chicken post. If not, let me refresh your memory:
This summer, Pure Leaf is donating $100,000 to the Wholesome Wave non-profit to help bring fresh, local produce to communities all across the country through the #loveofleaves project. You can help by simply interacting with any of the content on the Love of Leaves page; for each like, comment, share, or use of the #loveofleaves hashtag, Pure Leaf will donate $1 to Wholesome Wave (up to $50,000!).
I’m supporting this cause by telling you all about it, and asking you to like, comment, or share on Pure Leaf’s Facebook or Tumblr page to trigger a donation. Sharing the #loveofleaves hashtag on Instagram or Twitter will also help support this cause!
Alright, enough of the talking. Let’s get to sipping!
Here’s Your Recipe!
The Wanderlust Kitchen
- 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh ginger root
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups Pure Leaf Unsweetened Iced Tea
- Place the pineapple, ginger, and water in a saucepan and set over medium heat until boiling. Reduce the heat to low and let simmer for fifteen minutes. Turn off the heat and let cool ten minutes.
- Transfer the pineapple mixture to the bowl of a blender. Process until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh sieve and chill until ready to use.
- Combine 1/4 cup pineapple-ginger concentrate with 1 cup Pure Leaf Unsweetened Iced Tea and serve over ice.