Creamy coconut milk and tender poached chicken make this Thai style Tom Kha Gai hearty and satisfying!
NO WAY. It’s a Thai food recipe! Shocking, right?
We just don’t have enough Thai recipes up on this website.
Out of sheer curiosity, I just checked my category/tag counts to see how many Thai recipes I’ve posted over the past (almost) two years and it looks like this post makes Thai recipe #42.
It’s kind of a problem.
I suppose there are worse addictions.
Like…. Taco Bell.
Oddly, I’ve been thinking about Taco Bell a lot lately… mostly because I gave up fast food two and a half years ago and I miss Taco Bell seriously soooo much. I basically lived off of grilled stuft burritos before I learned how to cook and sometimes I just feel like I need one. Like neeeeeeed need.
And now that you know how much of a complete weirdo I am, let me tell you why you should heed my advice and make this recipe:
- It’s SO quick. Even if you really take your time with the prep work, you can still make this is under a half hour.
- It kills those Thai-food-takeout-cravings. This is important.
- Because I said so. Isn’t that enough?
Here’s the Thai Tom Kha Gai Recipe!
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 lemongrass stalks
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger root
- 4 wild lime leaves (optional)
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 Thai bird's eye chili, sliced
- 4 lime wedges
- Cilantro for garnish
- Combine the coconut milk and chicken broth in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Allow the liquid to come to a boil, then stir in the lemongrass, ginger, and lime leaves (if using). Add the chicken and mushrooms and simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes (or until chicken is cooked through).
- Remove the lemongrass and lime leaves. Stir in the fish sauce, scallions, and chilies. Pour into a large serving bowl and serve hot with plenty of cilantro and lime wedges for the table.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 430 Total Fat 15g Saturated Fat 5g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 7g Cholesterol 122mg Sodium 1093mg Carbohydrates 28g Fiber 4g Sugar 4g Protein 49g
You'll Also Love:
Last Updated on