This tasty balsamic chicken with tomatoes and basil is an easy, quick recipe that you will love and it will help you out when you need a meal ready in 30 minutes!
Hey, guys! Guess what? I’m starting a new series here on the blog and I think you’re really going to like it.
Remember back when I conducted my reader survey to ask you all what you’d like to see more of here on The Wanderlust Kitchen? Well, a TON of you suggested that I post more 30-minute-meals because dinner needs to get on the table fast.
Starting today, I’m going to share a 30-minute-meal recipe every Monday through November.
Yep, all through the Fall season (when you’re super busy with back-to-school, getting ready for the holidays, etc.) you’ll know where to go to find quick and easy dinner ideas for those jam-packed week nights.
So, without further adieu, I bring you the first recipe in our 30 Minute Monday series:
Tomato, Basil, and Balsamic Chicken!
This is one of those meals that everyone in your family will love because the flavors are both familiar and comforting.
Who doesn’t love a good chicken, cherry tomatoes and balsamic vinegar combo, right?
You can serve this balsamic chicken with cherry tomatoes together with a simple green salad for a super-quick and insanely satisfying meal.
Plus, the leftovers are great for chopping up and tossing with pasta, or making into a salad or wrap.
If you’ve never made a basil reduction before, you might think that it sounds complicated.
It is not.
Here’s how complicated it is:
- Put balsamic vinegar in a small pot.
- Heat pot over medium-low.
- Leave it alone until it reduces down to a syrup-like consistency.
Once you’ve made a balsamic reduction you’re going to want to put it on everything. I like to drizzle it over ice cream, pizza, and pretty much any type of pasta. Mmmmm.
Okay, I know you’re in a hurry so that’s about enough chat for today, get going on the balsamic chicken and tomatoes!
Be sure to check back next week for another installment of 30 Minute Mondays!
Here’s the Recipe!
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 large leaves basil, sliced
- Pour the balsamic vinegar into a small pot and place over medium-high heat. Reduce until the vinegar reaches the consistency of a syrup.
- Meanwhile, slice the chicken breasts in half parallel to the cutting board to make four thin pieces of chicken. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a cast iron or other skillet over medium-high heat until nearly smoking. Add the chicken pieces in a single layer and let brown, undisturbed, for 1 minute. Turn the breasts, turn the heat to low, cover the pan, and let cook for 10 minutes. After ten minutes, remove the chicken to a plate next to the stove.
- Turn the heat back up to high and let the liquid in the chicken pan reduce until you can drag a spoon through and leave a trail. Turn the heat back down to medium and add the onions. Let the onions cook for 2 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds. Add the halved tomatoes to the pan and saute for 2 minutes.
- Arrange the chicken pieces on a serving platter. Top with the tomato and onion mixture. Drizzle the balsamic reduction over the top and garnish with fresh basil.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 207Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 51mgSodium 315mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 2gSugar 14gProtein 20g
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.
You'll Also Love:
Last Updated on