These carrot fritters are packed with feta and scallion and seasoned with a fragrant combination of cumin, coriander, and dill. Simply the best way to use up leftover carrots!
Today, I’m introducing a new word: fritterize.
As in, “the best way to use up leftover vegetables is to fritterize them.”
Bought a few too many carrots?
Green onions about to go bad?
Neighbors incessantly giving you zucchini?
Fritterize, fritterize, FRITTERIZE!
Alright, this is getting a bit out of hand, but I feel like I am *constantly* finding myself with stray veggies in my produce drawer and I’m really excited to find another way to use them up.
Other ways I’ve been rocking the leftover veggie issue lately:
I mentioned these carrot fritters a few days ago when I shared my recipe for Turkish Nut and Yogurt Dip. What I didn’t mention is that these carrot fritters are basically SCREAMING to be smeared with that dip. SO GOOD.
The fritters are light and fluffy on the inside with a super-satisfying crunchy exterior. The feta cheese melts into pockets of creamy goodness while the green onions add a little bite. I know you’re going to love them!
Here’s the Recipe!
- Oil for frying
- 1 1/2 cups packed grated carrot
- 1/2 cup minced scallion
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Heat several inches of oil over medium-high heat until it reaches 385 degrees Fahrenheit. Turn the heat down to medium to maintain the temperature.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a large bowl until just combined. Working in batches, drop rounded teaspoons of the batter into the hot oil and deep fry for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate to drain.
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 65Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 40mgSodium 127mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 3g
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.
You'll Also Love:
Last Updated on