Here is a delicious Vegan Lasagna recipe that uses my top rated Ultimate Vegan Bolognese Sauce for a savory meatless lasagna.
So, I was thinking, what is another way to use this delicious Ultimate Vegan Bolognese Sauce that everyone loves so much! With walnuts, mushrooms and soy protein, it has the right beef texture in a non-meat sauce as you can see in the photo below.
Well, how about using it in a healthy Vegan Lasagna recipe!
I call the Vegan Bolognese Sauce recipe a weekend recipe because it takes some time and has many ingredients, so this meatless Vegan Lasagna recipe is also a weekend recipe, since it is based on this sauce.
How to Make Vegan Lasagna
So, here is the process once you have made the sauce.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Spread ½ cup of the vegan bolognese sauce in an even layer to the bottom of a large 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
Add 4-5 vegan lasagna noodles in a slightly overlapped layer.
Spread ⅓ of the vegan ricotta on top of the noodles. Repeat layers two more times, beginning with ¾ cup of sauce, layering 4-5 more vegan noodles, following with a layer of ricotta.
On the top layer spread remaining vegan bolognese sauce.
Sprinkle the top layer with vegan mozzarella.
Cover tightly with foil. Bake for 1 hour, removing foil in last 3-4 minutes and broiling, if desired. Let cool at least 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
Is your mouth watering already? Mine is!
This Vegan Lasagna recipe has two options for the vegan ricotta cheese. For the easy button, you can buy vegan ricotta at the grocery store and mix in some Italian seasoning. Or, if you prefer to make your own Vegan Ricotta, I have provided that recipe here as well, you can find it below the Vegan Lasagna recipe.
Vegan Lasagna Recipe with Vegan Bolognese Sauce
- 1 Recipe Ultimate Vegan Bolognese Sauce
- Vegan lasagna noodles - uncooked
- 16 oz. store-bought vegan ricotta mixed with 2 tsp Italian seasoning - or use my vegan ricotta recipe below
- 8 ounces vegan mozzarella cheese
- Chopped parsley - for garnish
- Make the Ultimate Vegan Bolognese Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spread ½ cup of vegan bolognese sauce in an even layer to the bottom of a large 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
- Add 4-5 lasagna noodles in a slightly overlapped layer.
- Spread ⅓ of the vegan ricotta on top of the noodles.
- Repeat layers two more times, beginning with ¾ cup of sauce, layering 4-5 more noodles, following with a layer of ricotta.
- Spread remaining vegan bolognese sauce, then sprinkle with vegan mozzarella.
- Cover tightly with foil. Bake for 1 hour, removing foil in last 3-4 minutes and broiling, if desired.
- Let cool at least 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
Vegan Ricotta Recipe
- 16 ounce firm tofu
- 8 ounces of vegan mozzarella
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- ⅓ cup cold water
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice - from about 2 lemons
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pat the tofu dry with paper towels and cut into chunks that will easily fit into your food processor
- Put the cashews into a food processor and process until it is fine crumbles.
- Next, add the tofu in chunks, nutritional yeast, water, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, salt, onion and garlic powders to the food processor. Then, pulse until the mixture is well combined and fairly smooth.
- Add the mozzarella and fold until combined. Set aside.
Please note that some spell this as a Vegan Lasagne Recipe.