This Vindaloo Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas recipe combines cauliflower and chickpeas with a Vindaloo Curry Seasoning. We also added a dressing with mustard seeds, pepper, cayenne, cinnamon and the unique fenugreek. Spicy!
Yep, this is the third Monday in a row I’m sharing one of the delicious curry-inspired recipes Frontier Natural asked me to create using their products. This recipe features their delicious Vindaloo Curry Powder, which is currently residing in a place of honor in my spice rack (front row, eye-level). I’ve been sprinkling it on just about everything and it is deeeelicious.
Roasted chickpeas have been all the rage in recent years, but I think people neglect cauliflower as an ingredient. Roasted in a savory mixture of ghee (clarified butter) and Vindaloo curry powder, it’s hard not to fall in love with the cauliflower in this recipe.
If you don’t have ghee on hand (uh, like most people who aren’t me), you can substitute vegetable oil.
Ready for the Chickpeas and Cauliflower Vindaloo deliciousness?
Here’s the Recipe!
For the Dish
- 1 head orange, purple or white cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 can (14.5-ounce) chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons Frontier Vindaloo Curry Powder
- 4 tablespoons ghee, melted or 4 tablespoons Vegetable oil
For the Dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Yellow Mustard Seeds
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Black Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Fenugreek
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon ghee, melted
For the Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss cauliflower and chickpeas with Vindaloo curry powder and melted ghee in a large bowl.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange cauliflower and chick peas in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then use oven mitts to shake the pan and rotate the cauliflower and chick peas. Reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and roast an additional 10 minutes, or until cauliflower is browned and tender.
For the Dressing:
- While the cauliflower and chickpeas are roasting, grind the mustard seeds, vinegar, pepper, cinnamon, cayenne, fenugreek, olive oil, and salt in the bowl of a food processor until it forms a smooth dressing. Just before taking the pan out of the oven, pour in the melted ghee and pulse to combine.
- Toss the hot cauliflower and chickpeas in the dressing and serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 234Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 28mgSodium 371mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 3g
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.
March 24, 2014 | Last Updated on September 1, 2020 by Linda