Save your sanity with these eighteen 30 Minute Mexican Recipes – perfect for weeknights, busy schedules, and lazy dinners!
If you’re anything like me, this time of year you find yourself with about six million things to do and simply not enough time in the day. Can you BELIEVE Thanksgiving is next week? Yesterday, my sister and I talked about “getting a head start on holiday shopping.” <— this is the domestic life I have built for myself.
We’re so busy working on the new house that we’ve decided not to decorate the house for Christmas this year.
It kinda breaks my heart, but at the same time I know that I would really regret putting up all of those decorations when we are trying to pack up the house and move in early January.
We are not even getting a tree! I feel like the house is going to be so sad. I am such a Grinch.
Anyway, the point of all of this sad narrative is that we are all super busy this time of year and could use some quick and easy meals.
You’re probably going to get sick of the turkey-cookie-gravy-pie diet that is traditional for this time of year, so I thought you’d love to add some quick and easy 30-minute Mexican recipes to your meal plan!
These recipes aren’t necessarily traditional Mexican fare – many of them are fun twists on authentic recipes, or totally new fusion ideas!
Alright, without further adieu, here are eighteen 30 minute Mexican Recipes:(Click on the titles to get the recipes!)
1. Burrito Bowls from I Heart Naptime
2. Mexican Beefy Nacho Casserole from Real Food Dad
3. One Pot Mexican Pasta Skillet from Damn Delicious
4. Chicken Posole Soup from The Kitchn
5. Simple Mexican Lasagna from The Slow Roasted Italian
6. Saucy Mexican Chicken Skillet from The Wanderlust Kitchen (ahem, yours truly)
7. Chicken Enchilada Bowls from Lauren’s Latest (fellow Portland chick!)
8. Easy Taco Pie from Damn Delicious
9. Smothered Chile Colorado Burritos from Le Creme de la Crumb
10. Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup from The Wanderlust Kitchen
11. One Pot Cheesy Chicken Taco Rice from Host the Toast
12. Tex-Mex Sweet Potato Skillet from iFoodReal
13. Spicy Fish Taco Bowls from Pinch of Yum
14. Tortilla Crusted Tilapia from The Wanderlust Kitchen
15. Chopped Chicken Taco Salads from How Sweet Eats
16. Chicken Enchilada Skillet from Damn Delicious
17. Fajita Burgers from The Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodie
18. Steak Burrito Bowls from Handle the Heat
As a mexican, I can say that this food isnt mexican. Probably its inspired in some of our recipies but you never ever will find this food in mexico.
Hi, Carolina! You’re right, I’d estimate about 90% of any and all food labeled or referred to as Mexican in the U.S. is a far cry from the delicious food you can get in Mexico. I love authentic Mexican food, but I also love a lot of these Mexican-inspired recipes. Anything’s better than Taco Bell 😉
Hi Antetta, Everything looks delicious and I’m getting hungry… :). I will try some of the recipes soon. Thank you for the round-up!
The links to your recipes work but not the ones to the other bloggers. Even though they are easy to figure out, I guess you might like to correct them.
Hi, Julia! Thanks so much for letting me know – some sort of weird glitch must have occurred. It’s all fixed now!