This Broccoli Salad Recipe is fresh, crisp, full of flavor, and can be served as a starter or side dish to any meal!
I love a fresh salad where the main ingredient isn’t lettuce. It really expands what a salad can be! Other recipes similar to this are my Mango Salad, Korean Cucumber Salad, and 10 Minute Tomato and Walnut Salad!
If you have not tried this broccoli salad then you are missing out. Its is crisp, crunchy, tangy, creamy, and will have your taste buds dancing! One of my favorite things about this dish is that every bite is different because of the number of ingredients incorporated into it.
Crunchy – The bacon and fresh and toasted almonds bring in this perfect crunch and toasted flavoring.
Tangy – With the additions of golden raisins and crasins you get this sweet tangy flavor in every bite.
Crisp – There is nothing better than fresh crisp vegetables which is exactly what the broccoli, onions, and cauliflower bring to this recipe.
Creamy – The creamy, dreamy, sweet dressing that is added to the broccoli salad really ties the whole dish together.
How to make Broccoli Salad
Assemble your ingredients. For exact amounts see the recipe card below.
In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, white vinegar, and granulated sugar together for the dressing.
Next, in a large salad bowl combine all of the salad ingredients together.
Then, pour the dressing onto the salad and combine well.
Chill in the fridge for 1 hour before serving so that the dressing flavor can soak into the salad.
Finally, serve and enjoy!
To make this dish vegetarian simply remove the bacon and you are all set!
For a vegan option, remove the bacon and substitute the mayonnaise with vegan mayonnaise and you are good to go!
For this recipe you can use whole almonds or almond slivers, whichever you prefer for your salad.
Storage information for Broccoli Salad
You can store this recipe in an airtight container in your fridge for 3-5 days. With this being a fresh salad I would not recommend freezing it.
Other delicious salad recipes you will love:
- Curry Chicken Salad
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Kale and Wild Rice Salad
- Jerusalem Salad
- 5 Minute Asian Snap Pea Salad
- Vietnamese Chicken and Cabbage Salad
Broccoli Salad Recipe
For the Salad
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 6 strips of bacon - cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup red onion - finely diced
- 1/8 cup golden raisins
- ⅛ cup craisins
- 1/8 cup almonds - toasted
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 4 Tbsp granulated sugar
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, white vinegar, and granulated sugar together for the dressing.
- In a large salad bowl combine all of the salad ingredients together.
- Pour the dressing onto the salad and combine well.
- Chill in the fridge for 1 hour before serving so that the dressing flavor can soak into the salad.
- Finally, serve and enjoy!