Jerusalem Salad is a flavor-packed dish made from the simplest ingredients: tomato, cucumber, red onion, and parsley. Perfect for topping a pita sandwich along with Authentic Greek Tzatziki sauce, mixing into Mediterranean bowls, or eating alongside falafel!
I’ve got something easy, healthy, and delicious for you today. A Jerusalem Salad recipe!
It’s really a very simple recipe – one of my friends described it as a Mediterranean-style pico de gallo. Sounds strange, but it’s delicious!
My aunt Ashley, who lives in Israel, taught me this recipe a few years ago when she came for a visit. Just finely dice some tomatoes, red onions, cucumbers, and parsley and toss with a bit of olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
I told you it was easy!
This would be lovely addition to a gyro or pita sandwich. Feel free to get creative!
That parsley in the picture is from my garden. Aren’t you impressed? Don’t you know how difficult it is to grow parsley? Alright, only kidding. I’m also growing tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions, but the Oregon weather is not cooperating this year so absolutely nothing is ripe… except zucchini. SO MUCH ZUCCHINI.
Okay, I kind of forgot where I was going with that whole story. Uh, here’s another picture of the Jerusalem Salad.
Here’s the Jerusalem Salad Recipe!
- 1 cup finely diced tomatoes
- 1 cup finely diced cucumbers (peeled or unpeeled)
- 1 cup finely diced flat leaf (Italian) Parsley
- 1 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons high quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the tomatoes, cucumbers, parsley, and red onion in a bowl.
- Drizzle in the olive oil, then sprinkle the salt and pepper over the top. Toss to combine.
- Taste and add more salt, pepper, or olive oil as needed to suit your taste.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 131Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 0mgSodium 448mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 3gSugar 6gProtein 2g
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.
Originally posted on January 22nd, 2014. Updated photos and recipe for clarity on August 12th, 2016.
You'll Also Love:
Last Updated on